Paid Media Specialist (PPC, SEO, Programática)
Marketing & Communications
Posted on Thursday, September 28, 2023
We are looking for an exceptionally talented, eager, go getting, Paid Marketing Specialist to come join our growing in-house marketing team, to help us share some fresh ideas about energy with the world!
What you'll do
- Support our digital marketing lead on multiple, varied digital marketing campaigns in Spain.
- Build, rollout and optimize various PPC campaigns, digital marketing networks and paid social media.
- Provide direct support to Octopus Energy's high profile partners, report on insights and relay back to the Digital Marketing Lead.
- Draft and create written ad content in line with Octopus Energy's tone of voice.
- The changeable and fast-paced nature of digital marketing in a start-up culture means you'll need to proactively identify and analyze the latest digital trends and tech developments.
- Be comfortable owning and tracking specific digital growth channels, be they affiliates, price comparison websites or aggregators.
What you'll need
- You want to change the world and support the mission of mass decarbonization!
- Be a good self-starter - we’ll give you the tools and the guidance, but you’ll be able to get going without much hand holding.
- Ideally you have experience in a media agency (but not necessary) and you have run a significant volume of paid media campaigns in different platforms.
- Experience working with CRM (Hubspot, Zoho, SalesForce or similar)
- Be comfortable in a start-up environment where we are testing and pivoting many times a week.
- Have a keen interest in digital marketing and behavioral science.
- LOVE DATA. The data will show us what’s working, so you’ll be thrilled to dig into the results.
- Have experience and a strong understanding of PPC, SEO, Email and Affiliate programs.
- Experience creating, fostering, and improving digital marketing partnerships.
- Proven success managing PPC and paid social campaigns.
- Proven success managing Display and Video campaigns.
- Experience creating affiliate and referral programs.
- Experience working with programmatic advertising (DV360, Yahoo DSP or similar).
- Experience creating Reports in Google Analytics.
- Love to improve usability, design, content, and conversion in a user journey.
- Have a good understanding of Google’s Marketing Suit, GTM, GA, Ads, etc.
- Are experienced in marketing across a variety of social media platforms.
- Communicate well with memes.
- Have a broader experience across the whole marketing mix with a strong understanding of modern marketing concepts, strategy and best practice
- Spanish & English speaking is a must.
- This is an important role based in Valencia. You’ll be reporting into the Spanish Digital Marketing Lead and working closely with our friends in the UK too.
Why else you'll love it here
- Octopus Energy is a unique culture - An organisation where people learn, decide, and build quicker. Where people work with autonomy, alongside a wide range of amazing co-owners, on projects that break new ground. We want your hard work to be rewarded with perks you actually care about!
- Flexible working environment - genuine work life balance here, we treat you as a human, and do our best to make work and life merge smoothly together
- Relaxation - we don’t count your holidays here, we work hard, and so we know you need to play hard as well (within reason of course)
- Equity Options Scheme - you own your own part of the business, share options in the whole Octopus Energy Group so we all work together towards success
- Office culture - have a certain tech requirement? We’ll do our best to get it. Bi-weekly on a Thursday we all get together (this happens virtually too) for company updates and drinks - we call it Family Dinner
- Your development is important - we support and help with development including internal and external courses, learning, study support etc, all bespoke to you