Sales Team Lead
Sales & Business Development
Posted on Saturday, September 23, 2023
Help us make a big green dent in the universe. We're on a mission to drive the global renewable energy revolution, and we need loads more people to help us make our vision a reality.
We’re expanding our Low Carbon Energy Products Team. We're looking for an experienced Sales Team Manager, who will be responsible for managing a frontline sales team. Your team will work directly with domestic customers focused on bringing Low Carbon Energy Products to the masses.
Your team will be the face and the voice of Octopus Energy Services, advising and supporting customers throughout their journey towards getting Solar Panels installed at their property.
We’re looking for people with a genuine passion for team development and coaching. An interest in sustainability is a must along with a passion for bringing to life the real benefits of our offer and understanding the importance of providing customers with a truly exceptional experience.
What you'll do :
- Manage your sales team to identify and win new business with customers
- Distribute and manage sales leads across the team and ensure these are managed in a timely manner
- Ensure the team are diligently developing sales pipelines with customers - from lead through to delivery, meeting (and ideally exceeding) targets set
- Implement a performance management culture and routine within the team to unleash their full potential through regular 1:1s, coaching, setting stretching objectives and providing regular feedback on performance against these objectives.
- Recruiting and growing your team for success
- Forecasting team performance
- Ensuring we provide outstanding customer service, facilitating the recording of customer satisfaction and sharing best practice measures
- Support the team in spreading the word about new products
- Collaborate with other sales team managers to share best practices and develop consistent approach to drive performance across all teams
What you'll need:
- Proven track record of managing a B2C internal (phone based) team is a must
- A ruthless focus on performance development, team management and continuous improvement
- Previous sales management experience within a B2C consultative environment would be great along with a strong passion for energy technology and decarbonisation
- A ruthless focus on the customer with a genuine passion for going above and beyond for customers
- An ability to show a completer finisher mentality and an understanding of processes as a whole being able to see the why behind each section of the business and how that creates the entire vision
- A start up / entrepreneurial mind-set being able to adjust to change and keep up with a fast moving business
- Able to develop a base technical product knowledge to support how we will help our customers navigate to achieve low carbon energy use in their homes, through our products
- A background or interest in Solar would be ideally but not essential
If this sounds like you then we'd love to hear from you.
Studies have shown that some groups of people, like women, are less likely to apply to a role unless they meet 100% of the job requirements. Whoever you are, if you like one of our jobs, we encourage you to apply as you might just be the candidate we hire. Across Octopus, we're looking for genuinely decent people who are honest and empathetic. Our people are our strongest asset and the unique skills and perspectives people bring to the team are the driving force of our success. As an equal opportunity employer, we do not discriminate on the basis of any protected attribute. Our commitment is to provide equal opportunities, an inclusive work environment, and fairness for everyone.