Technical Client Lead
IT, Sales & Business Development
Posted on Thursday, September 14, 2023
Kraken is the technology tentacle of the Octopus Energy Group.
We have been licensing Kraken for over 3 years now, transforming businesses by not only moving their customer base to our Kraken platform but also changing their operating model & ways of working. Throughout this time our team has been at the forefront of industry leading migrations whilst setting a new standard for what business transformation can look like.
You will be responsible for a specific tech domain, aligned with our developer super teams. This could be, Billing & Payments, Collections, Industry interaction, Infosec, Interfaces & Journeys, smart products & metering and other options. You will be the Kraken contact for all development around this domain, working with your client counterpart on a day to day basis to set them up for a successful migration and manage feature requests that are received.
You will be responsible for imparting the knowledge of how Kraken works and upskilling the client’s technical team to become experts on Kraken. The team also has a responsibility to support the client adapting to new ways of working that are aligned to Kraken’s development style and the operating model we are selling.
This specific role is to work on one of our UK clients. Over time, this role may evolve to cover different regions that are associated with our other clients like France, Spain, Portugal, Germany or Greece.
We work incredibly dynamically, and this role is one that will take different shapes throughout the week. We are looking for well rounded individuals who are comfortable with ambiguity, are self-starters and willing to roll their sleeves up to get to the nitty gritty of a problem. You must be committed to the Kraken way of delivering tech based on simplicity, client benefit and efficiency while bringing senior stakeholders through a journey of change.
You must be willing to challenge beliefs, have the ability to see through multiple viewpoints and, if needed, reach beyond your remit to support the client.
We are building a Kraken for everyone, a universal platform where there is greater benefit in sharing development to enable the green energy transition. Pioneers in this space, we are excited about how Kraken can change the lives of our customers and convinced that Kraken is the best answer, not only for efficiency but as a tool to tackle the climate crisis. If you believe this too then Kraken Tech is the right place for you.
What you'll do
- Managing the relationship with client counterparts, being the first point of contact for any issues or tech requests.
- Driving Kraken platform localisation for the domain your are responsible for, feed in and plan to meet client expectations while matching Kraken roadmap
- Summarising and articulating client needs in your domain, considerations, timelines, etc internally to enable the execution of client platform maturity.
- Directing internal Kraken software developers contributing your domain in the client program, as well as potential external Partners, on tech platform deliverables to ensure an overall successful and timely technology migration.
- Supporting the client meets their business needs in your domain area via the delivery of tech.
- Understanding the Kraken infrastructure, aligning client direction with the overall goal for the Kraken platform in your domain area.
- Setting up training programs and workshops in your domain area to upskill the technical arm of the client.
What you'll need
- Strong technical aptitude: We are looking for a logical thinker who has strong problem solving skills within an agile working framework. Must quickly be able to grasp the technical capabilities and constraints of the Kraken platform.
- Is an advocate for the continuous deployment approach we take at Kraken and champions building tech iteratively.
- Curiosity and initiative: If you have an eye for detail, enjoy self learning and aren't afraid to "try and see" then this is the job for you. Supported by a fab team this is an independent role where success relies on you trusting your gut and taking initiative.
- Time Management: We need to get back to clients quickly. This is self managed - you should feel confident following up on actions, responding to the client and chasing the supporting team for answers in a timely manner.
- Confident Communication: Confident to communicate the Kraken way of thinking and to provide updates on feature developments. Can lead meetings and drive forward the development strategy within your domain. Can build supporting slides, gantt charts, flow diagrams to aid this.
It would be great if you had
- Multilingual is a benefit
- Technical mindset, experience in engineering-led industries
- Experience in managing technical product or projects
- Exceptional interpersonal skills
- Proficient in tools such as miro and and office suite
Why else you'll love it here
- Wondering what the salary for this role is? Just ask us! On a call with one of our recruiters it's something we always cover as we genuinely want to match your experience with the correct salary. The reason why we don't advertise is because we honestly have a degree of flexibility and would never want salary to be a reason why someone doesn't apply to Octopus - what's more important to us is finding the right octofit!
- Octopus Energy is a unique culture. An organisation where people learn, decide, and build quicker. Where people work with autonomy, alongside a wide range of amazing co-owners, on projects that break new ground. We want your hard work to be rewarded with perks you actually care about! We won best company to work for in 2022, on Glassdoor we we're voted 50 best places to work in 2022 and our Group CEO, Greg has recorded a podcast about our culture and how we empower our people
- Visit our perks hub - Octopus Employee Benefits
We would prefer someone who can work in our London office but will consider remote candidates. However, you do need to be able to work in the UK.
We're very excited to be growing our team. We're looking for skills and experience to help shape and define the future of not only our team, but the wider business at a global scale. If you're reading this and grinning, please apply! There are huge challenges to tackle, and we need amazing people who are keen to get stuck in.
If this sounds like you then we'd love to hear from you.
Studies have shown that some groups of people, like women, are less likely to apply to a role unless they meet 100% of the job requirements. Whoever you are, if you like one of our jobs, we encourage you to apply as you might just be the candidate we hire. Across Octopus, we're looking for genuinely decent people who are honest and empathetic. Our people are our strongest asset and the unique skills and perspectives people bring to the team are the driving force of our success. As an equal opportunity employer, we do not discriminate on the basis of any protected attribute. Our commitment is to provide equal opportunities, an inclusive work environment, and fairness for everyone.