Logistics Operations Manager
Hinckley, MN, USA · United Kingdom
Posted on Thursday, September 14, 2023
Help us make a big green dent in the universe. We're on a mission to drive the global renewable energy revolution, and we need loads more people to help us make our vision a reality.
Join Octopus Energy Services and be part of our mission as we amplify our efforts in championing renewable energy. We’re on the cusp of leading the global green energy movement, and your expertise can help turn this vision into a reality.
This isn't a typical managerial role. As our Logistics Operations Manager, you'll be hands-on and at the heart of our newest venture, shaping and guiding our brand-new logistics site. Your impact will be felt, seen, and valued internally and with our customers.
What you'll do
- Leadership: Develop an operations team for our in-house logistics site, leading the enablement for growth, service and efficiency across our end to end warehouse and transport operations.
- Operational Responsibility: Manage all aspects of site operations with a focus on safety, site hygiene, and operational delivery.
- Safety & Well-being: Prioritise health & safety, ensuring that our team members operate in a risk-free and supportive environment.
- Operational Improvements: Take the lead in refining our logistics, distribution, and delivery workflows. Spearhead initiatives to enhance service quality, boost operational efficiency and scale efficiently.
- Communication: Foster a culture of open dialogue and understanding amongst team members. Cultivate strong team relations through clear and consistent communication, both formal and informal.
- Problem Solving: Quickly pinpoint service issues and proactively address bottlenecks, constantly pivoting to improve operational performance.
- Talent Development: Be integral in recruiting, training, and developing our workforce, ensuring we benefit from top industry talent.
What you'll need
- Industry Experience: Proven experience in leading large teams (50-100 staff), driving logistics operations, and achieving progressive outcomes. Ideally in a B2C environment.
- Innovation: Ability to introduce positive changes and improvements, with clear results.
- Building Connections: Strong interpersonal skills that allow you to establish and maintain relationships within the team, wider business and with external partners.
- Knowledge-Driven: A comprehensive grasp of current logistics practices and a keen interest in keeping up with industry and tech advancements.
- Flexible: Willingness to travel and liaise with partners, stakeholders, and other company locations.
Why else you'll love it here
- Wondering what the salary for this role is? Just ask us! On a call with one of our recruiters it's something we always cover as we genuinely want to match your experience with the correct salary. The reason why we don't advertise is because we honestly have a degree of flexibility and would never want salary to be a reason why someone doesn't apply to Octopus - what's more important to us is finding the right octofit!
- Octopus Energy is a unique culture. An organisation where people learn, decide, and build quicker. Where people work with autonomy, alongside a wide range of amazing co-owners, on projects that break new ground. We want your hard work to be rewarded with perks you actually care about! We won best company to work for in 2022, on Glassdoor we we're voted 50 best places to work in 2022 and our Group CEO, Greg has recorded a podcast about our culture and how we empower our people
- Visit our perks hub - Octopus Employee Benefits
If this sounds like you then we'd love to hear from you.
Studies have shown that some groups of people, like women, are less likely to apply to a role unless they meet 100% of the job requirements. Whoever you are, if you like one of our jobs, we encourage you to apply as you might just be the candidate we hire. Across Octopus, we're looking for genuinely decent people who are honest and empathetic. Our people are our strongest asset and the unique skills and perspectives people bring to the team are the driving force of our success. As an equal opportunity employer, we do not discriminate on the basis of any protected attribute. Our commitment is to provide equal opportunities, an inclusive work environment, and fairness for everyone.