Head of Operations (Customer Service - Broadband) Kraken Utilities
Customer Service, Operations
Posted on Thursday, September 14, 2023
Kraken is the technology tentacle of the Octopus Energy Group.
Octopus Energy Group is a global energy transition company - made up of 10 businesses in 14 countries across 4 continents that touch nearly every point in the energy value chain and invest heavily in technology to support our mission to accelerate decarbonisation faster and cheaper for customers. Octopus Energy is valued at $5 billion and is one of energy-tech’s fastest-growing private companies.
Our Kraken Tech platform offers utility clients end-to-end customer management through one simple solution. We’ve grown to over 30 million contracted accounts across 14 markets globally. Kraken has secured licensing deals with large international energy clients like E.ON, EDF Energy, as well as Origin Energy in Australia and Tokyo Gas in Japan, replacing their core technology stack, re-imaging their operations with an unblemished track record of transformation success.
Twelve months ago we embarked on the ambitious mission of setting up Kraken Utilities to take the magic of Kraken to other utilities like water and broadband. The team has had explosive success with clients already signed up in both water and telco domains, including Leep, Portsmouth Water, and Cuckoo.
We’re now looking for a Head of Operations (Broadband) to join our Kraken Utilities team and take ownership of all operations on the broadband side. We’re looking for someone who has worked extensively in the broadband domain within operations and understands the industry well. The role will have big responsibilities to deliver our proven operating model, and bring the same great customer experience and operational efficiencies to our broadband clients.
What you'll do
- You will lead and support the Broadband operations team within Kraken Utilities
- You will embed culture and approach using various management techniques
- You will play a key role in scaling our client operations teams
- You will identify gaps and bring solutions to what training we need to implement
- Travel to client sites to communicate and share our operating model
What you'll need
- The ability to coach and develop the operations team
- Significant experience in the broadband industry and understanding of the domain (i.e. you will not get fazed by BSS, OSS and all the other three letter acronyms)
- A good understanding of how to embed and maintain culture
- 5+ years leading contact centre operations
Why else you'll love it here
- Wondering what the salary for this role is? Just ask us! On a call with one of our recruiters it's something we always cover as we genuinely want to match your experience with the correct salary. The reason why we don't advertise is because we honestly have a degree of flexibility and would never want salary to be a reason why someone doesn't apply to Octopus - what's more important to us is finding the right Octofit!
- Octopus Energy is a unique culture. An organisation where people learn, decide, and build quicker. Where people work with autonomy, alongside a wide range of amazing co-owners, on projects that break new ground. We want your hard work to be rewarded with perks you actually care about! We won best company to work for in 2022, on Glassdoor we were voted 50 best places to work in 2022 and our Group CEO, Greg has recorded a podcast about our culture and how we empower our people.
For this role we're looking for someone who can travel onsite 2 days a week to our London office and to clients sites throughout the UK.
We're very excited to be growing our team. We're looking for skills and experience to help shape and define the future of not only our team, but the wider business at a global scale. If you're reading this and grinning, please apply! There are huge challenges to tackle, and we need amazing people who are keen to get stuck in.
If this sounds like you then we'd love to hear from you.
Studies have shown that some groups of people, like women, are less likely to apply to a role unless they meet 100% of the job requirements. Whoever you are, if you like one of our jobs, we encourage you to apply as you might just be the candidate we hire. Across Octopus, we're looking for genuinely decent people who are honest and empathetic. Our people are our strongest asset and the unique skills and perspectives people bring to the team are the driving force of our success. As an equal opportunity employer, we do not discriminate on the basis of any protected attribute. Our commitment is to provide equal opportunities, an inclusive work environment, and fairness for everyone.