Solar Inbound Support Specialist
Posted on Tuesday, September 12, 2023
Help us make a big green dent in the universe. We're on a mission to drive the global renewable energy revolution, and we need loads more people to help us make our vision a reality.
We believe energy should be better - for you and the environment.
Octopus Energy Services is spearheading the transition to greener, cheaper energy through the installation of in-home technologies; from smart meters and EV chargers; to low carbon heat pumps, home batteries, solar, and beyond. We deliver smart energy, low carbon solutions for our customers.
We’ve fallen head-over-heels in love with Solar Panels - which provide an ultra-efficient and reliable way to harness the power of the sun and then storing this clean energy in super-efficient batteries for when your home needs it most.
You will learn all about them at our £10m training and R&D centre to then educate our customers on these magical systems.
At Octopus, the customer is at the heart of everything we do. As a vital point of contact for customers, our inbound customer support team delivers the outrageous experience Octopus Energy customers love and expect.
We're looking for a Inbound Solar Support Specialist who's role will be to support customers who are interested in having Solar PV installed at their home, managing all queries however small they may be. This role is full time Brighton based in our exciting new office!
What you'll do
- Support customers who are reaching out to us regarding their interest in Solar Panels from Octopus
- Manage inbound contact through various channels and respond of redirect as appropriate
- Demonstrate exceptional team-working and stakeholder support skills, seamlessly ensuring all contacts points and managed with quality and speed
- Provide excellent customer service during all customer, team and stakeholder interactions
- Identify and communicate developments to further enhancing the customer experience
- Be an advocate for low carbon products and build a bank of knowledge to be trusted as an expert in responding to the varied need of customers
- Support, where needed, customer progression into and through our sales journey, supporting uptake and conversion of orders to sales
What you'll need
- Be an exceptional communicator, ensuring customers feel good about each and every conversation and are motivated to get Solar Panels installed
- Proven track record of excellent customer experience
- Either previous customer support experience within a consultative environment or a strong passion for energy and decarbonisation
- Excellent listening skills and decision making skills to ensure the best outcomes for consumers
- A start up / entrepreneurial mind-set being able to adjust to change and keep up with a fast moving business
- A constant focus on improving and developing personally and within a business
- Experience with talking to customers about their needs and the ability to manage technical interactions (supported by our technical team)
Why else you'll love it here
- Wondering what the salary for this role is? Just ask us! On a call with one of our recruiters it's something we always cover as we genuinely want to match your experience with the correct salary. The reason why we don't advertise is because we honestly have a degree of flexibility and would never want salary to be a reason why someone doesn't apply to Octopus - what's more important to us is finding the right octofit!
- Octopus Energy is a unique culture. An organisation where people learn, decide, and build quicker. Where people work with autonomy, alongside a wide range of amazing co-owners, on projects that break new ground. We want your hard work to be rewarded with perks you actually care about!
- Visit our perks hub - Octopus Employee Benefits
If this sounds like you then we'd love to hear from you.
Studies have shown that some groups of people, like women, are less likely to apply to a role unless they meet 100% of the job requirements. Whoever you are, if you like one of our jobs, we encourage you to apply as you might just be the candidate we hire. Across Octopus, we're looking for genuinely decent people who are honest and empathetic. Our people are our strongest asset and the unique skills and perspectives people bring to the team are the driving force of our success. As an equal opportunity employer, we do not discriminate on the basis of any protected attribute. Our commitment is to provide equal opportunities, an inclusive work environment, and fairness for everyone.