Hinckley, MN, USA · United Kingdom
Posted on Tuesday, September 5, 2023
Help us make a big green dent in the universe. We're on a mission to drive the global renewable energy revolution, and we need loads more people to help us make our vision a reality.
At Octopus Energy Services, we're head-over-heels with low carbon tech... and we're expanding! We're on the lookout for a Facilities Manager to be the primary contact for our brand new logistics facility.
You will support the daily running of the centre, which will include ordering equipment, coordinating with contractors on site, supporting projects and undertaking wider administrative duties. All whilst maintaining a safe, upbeat and inclusive working vibe.
What you'll do
- Act as the primary key holder and point of contact for the site, dealing with suppliers, contractors, and internal teams. You'll be the go-to person for any queries or needs related to the facility.
- Uphold a top-notch safety and security standard within the facility with proactive facilities management in addition to routine checks.
- Continuously seek to improve site conditions and anticipate future needs.
- Handle ordering and maintenance of office supplies and equipment, making sure the site always has what it needs to operate smoothly.
- Organise and schedule events, working with internal and external members as necessary
- Coordinate travel arrangements and accommodation for team members as required
- Help foster a positive and inclusive work environment by organising team-building activities and celebrations
- Support on administrative needs covering a broad range of operational requirements; including coordinating events, supporting recruitment activity and onboarding of new colleagues.
What you'll need
- Proven hands-on experience in facilities and centre management, ideally within a fast paced logistics site.
- Proficient in using office software, Google Suite and the Microsoft Office Suite (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook) and other relevant tools
- Excellent organisational skills with an ability to prioritise, multitask and juggle various operational requirements.
- Strong sense of accountability, taking full ownership to get things done
- An aptitude for proactive problem-solving and a keen eye for detail.
Why else you'll love it here
- Wondering what the salary for this role is? Just ask us! On a call with one of our recruiters it's something we always cover as we genuinely want to match your experience with the correct salary. The reason why we don't advertise is because we honestly have a degree of flexibility and would never want salary to be a reason why someone doesn't apply to Octopus - what's more important to us is finding the right octofit!
- Octopus Energy is a unique culture. An organisation where people learn, decide, and build quicker. Where people work with autonomy, alongside a wide range of amazing co-owners, on projects that break new ground. We want your hard work to be rewarded with perks you actually care about! We won best company to work for in 2022, on Glassdoor we we're voted 50 best places to work in 2022 and our Group CEO, Greg has recorded a podcast about our culture and how we empower our people
- Visit our perks hub - Octopus Employee Benefits
If this sounds like you then we'd love to hear from you.
Studies have shown that some groups of people, like women, are less likely to apply to a role unless they meet 100% of the job requirements. Whoever you are, if you like one of our jobs, we encourage you to apply as you might just be the candidate we hire. Across Octopus, we're looking for genuinely decent people who are honest and empathetic. Our people are our strongest asset and the unique skills and perspectives people bring to the team are the driving force of our success. As an equal opportunity employer, we do not discriminate on the basis of any protected attribute. Our commitment is to provide equal opportunities, an inclusive work environment, and fairness for everyone.