Solar Technical Review Coordinator
United Kingdom · Remote
Posted on Saturday, September 2, 2023
Help us make a big green dent in the universe. We're on a mission to drive the global renewable energy revolution, and we need loads more people to help us make our vision a reality.
Octopus Energy Services is spearheading the transition to greener, cheaper energy through the installation of in-home technologies; from smart meters and EV chargers; to low carbon heating, home batteries, solar, and beyond. We deliver smart energy, low carbon solutions for our customers.
We’ve fallen head-over-heels with smart meters,heat pumps, solar PV and all renewable tech - which instantly reduce customers' carbon footprint and give them control over their energy use. We're growing so much that we’re now expanding our technical review team and we're looking for an experienced Technical operative!
You will be responsible for helping ensure we can meet the installation specifications for customers progressing through our survey and sales teams by providing technical guidance and support to multiple teams throughout the customer journey, helping deliver on our aim of installing thousands of heat pumps and solar systems into domestic properties across the country.
Your main day to day duty will be to technically review Solar Survey outcomes by reviewing data through our internal systems and provide expert guidance on our ability to progress. You’ll also provide feedback to teams in reaching these outcomes. You’ll also be a go to person for our teams to get support with technical questions during the survey process completing a rigorous check that identifies how we can progress surveys to quotes. You do not need any sales experience but you will be great at communicating with non-technical sales people to translate clearly the messages they may need to cascade to customers.
Your role is being a technical expert, being an excellent communicator and having the ability to develop people to advance their own knowledge and competence. We’re looking for people with a genuine skill for helping others and a passion for bringing to life the benefits of low carbon heating and solar.
Rigour and confidence to make accurate decisions, knowing that the satisfaction and experience of our customers is at stake, is an absolute must.
What you'll do
- Ensure all surveys that pass through to a sales quotes are technically viable for installation based on the criteria at that time
- Support in reviewing our technical check and support process to ensure its always fit for purpose and we maximise efficiency as the business scales
- Liaise with other departments to best develop on how they respond to customer questions where technical informations and answers are needed
- Ensure technical rigour is applied at any stage where we see risk in our ability to install
- Ensure attention to detail is focused on all aspects of the survey
- Support the team in spreading the word about how awesome our products are
- Collaborate with other team members to share best practices and develop consistent approach to drive performance across all teams.
What you'll need
- Electrical/Solar background of experience and knowledge that supports being able to make sound decisions on technical questions
- A ruthless focus on performance development and continuous improvement
- A genuine passion for going above and beyond for customers
- An ability to show a completer finisher mentality and an understanding of processes as a whole being able to see the why behind each section of the business and how that creates the entire vision
- Experience in working within a fast paced team achieving targets and promoting efficiency
- Proficient in organising and managing your workload.
- Experience in computer literacy and in house databases
- Experience of coaching and/or developing others in a customer centric environment
Why else you'll love it here
- Salary: £33,000
- Octopus Energy is a unique culture. An organisation where people learn, decide, and build quicker. Where people work with autonomy, alongside a wide range of amazing co-owners, on projects that break new ground. We want your hard work to be rewarded with perks you actually care about! We won best company to work for in 2022, on Glassdoor we we're voted 50 best places to work in 2022 and our Group CEO, Greg has recorded a podcast about our culture and how we empower our people
- Visit our perks hub - Octopus Employee Benefits
This is a remote role that requires flexibility to travel to Slough and/or Brighton.
If this sounds like you then we'd love to hear from you.
Studies have shown that some groups of people, like women, are less likely to apply to a role unless they meet 100% of the job requirements. Whoever you are, if you like one of our jobs, we encourage you to apply as you might just be the candidate we hire. Across Octopus, we're looking for genuinely decent people who are honest and empathetic. Our people are our strongest asset and the unique skills and perspectives people bring to the team are the driving force of our success. As an equal opportunity employer, we do not discriminate on the basis of any protected attribute. Our commitment is to provide equal opportunities, an inclusive work environment, and fairness for everyone.