Junior Product Co-Ordinator
Posted on Saturday, September 2, 2023
The energy industry is undergoing the largest transformation since industrialisation at an unprecedented rate of change and we are positioning ourselves to be at the heart of that change.
Our aim is to be the leading global provider of solutions that enable customers to release £30bn of value per annum from distributed energy resources (DERs). We are building a Software as a Service (SaaS) subscription business with a global addressable market of £2.4 billion per annum, by digitally connecting hundreds of thousands of DERs with energy markets.
We have already attained a market leading position and KrakenFlex is a recognised thought leader and innovator in the industry. Our efforts have not gone unnoticed and we are pleased to announce that we now have the full support and backing of Octopus Energy, an award-winning UK energy supplier who share our passion and values.
As we continue our rapid growth, we’re looking for a Junior Product Co-Ordinator to work alongside our product and technical team leads to help shape and evolve our product, and drive delivery across our product teams.
Working as part of our Product Management team, the Junior Product Co-Ordinator will be responsible for optimising product development workflows to enhance operational efficiency; ensuring that our customer projects run smoothly and deliver to plan; and coordinating between multiple internal and external parties, ensuring stakeholders are kept up to date with progress with risks & issues clearly communicated.
What you'll do
- Collaborate with product managers, engineers, designers, and other stakeholders to define and refine product development processes, identifying bottlenecks and areas for process improvement, and working with teams to implement efficient solutions that enhance productivity and product quality.
- Drive the end-to-end execution of product development projects, including planning, tracking, and reporting on project timelines, milestones, and deliverables.
- Coordinate and facilitate communication across cross-functional teams to ensure that everyone is aligned on project goals, requirements, and progress.
- Own the operational aspects of product releases, including coordinating product launches, managing release documentation, and ensuring proper testing and quality assurance procedures are followed.
- Monitor key performance indicators (KPIs) related to product operations, identify trends, and provide recommendations for continuous improvement.
- Assist in the development and execution of training programs to onboard new team members and enhance their understanding of product development processes.
- Foster a culture of collaboration, continuous improvement, and operational excellence within the product organisation.
What you'll need
- Strong interpersonal skills and a collaborative approach to working with cross-functional teams.
- Strong organisational skills with the ability to manage multiple projects and priorities simultaneously.
- Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal, showing the ability to summarise complex problems and recommend concise plans of action.
- Detail-oriented with a commitment to delivering high-quality work within established deadlines.
- Analytical mindset with the ability to use data-driven insights to optimise processes and make informed decisions.
- A passion for clean tech and a strong desire to contribute to the decarbonisation of the planet.
- Knowledge of the tech lifecycle and principles e.g AGILE
- Experience working with remote or distributed teams.
- Knowledge of the Agile product development methodology.
- Familiarity with project management tools such as Asana, Jira, GitLab.
- Stakeholder engagement skills and experience.
Nice to have
If you have some, but not all, of the skills listed above - don’t let that put you off applying!
Why else you'll love it here
- Wondering what the salary for this role is? Just ask us! On a call with one of our recruiters it's something we always cover as we genuinely want to match your experience with the correct salary. The reason why we don't advertise is because we honestly have a degree of flexibility and would never want salary to be a reason why someone doesn't apply to Octopus - what's more important to us is finding the right octofit!
- Octopus Energy is a unique culture. An organisation where people learn, decide, and build quicker. Where people work with autonomy, alongside a wide range of amazing co-owners, on projects that break new ground. We want your hard work to be rewarded with perks you actually care about! We won best company to work for in 2022, on Glassdoor we were voted 50 best places to work in 2022 and our Group CEO, Greg has recorded a podcast about our culture and how we empower our people
- Visit our perks hub - Octopus Employee Benefits
Ideally you will be based in the Greater Manchester and happy to come into the office a couple of days per week! But we appreciate that things have changed and flexibility is at the top of everyone's agenda, so if you would rather be remote please let us know.
If this sounds like you then we'd love to hear from you.
Studies have shown that some groups of people, like women, are less likely to apply to a role unless they meet 100% of the job requirements. Whoever you are, if you like one of our jobs, we encourage you to apply as you might just be the candidate we hire. Across Octopus, we're looking for genuinely decent people who are honest and empathetic. Our people are our strongest asset and the unique skills and perspectives people bring to the team are the driving force of our success. As an equal opportunity employer, we do not discriminate on the basis of any protected attribute. Our commitment is to provide equal opportunities, an inclusive work environment, and fairness for everyone.