Senior Product Manager
Posted on Tuesday, August 22, 2023
Help us make a big green dent in the universe. We're on a mission to drive the global renewable energy revolution, and we need loads more people to help us make our vision a reality.
What will you be doing?
Members of the Kraken Tech team need to be shining examples of the Octopus Way and believe in decision making based on simplicity, customer benefit and efficiency. We are excited about how Kraken can change the lives of customers and operations teams in other companies and convinced that Kraken is the best answer, not only for companies, but as a tool to tackle the climate crisis.
We are fundamentally changing the way that energy companies work. We put customer happiness and cost competitiveness first with great people, technology and ways of working.
We are looking for a brilliant Senior Product Manager to help us build an industry leading product experience for our clients. If you love making things better for customers, building great products, working with technology, bringing people together to find solutions, then you’ve come to the right place.
We are a flat and agile organization and plan to remain this way. We are looking for a hands-on Senior Product Manager that can help build our communications products within Kraken. You will help us to solve complex problems with great products that make it easy for our clients to communicate to their customers through various channels: email, telephone, text messaging, WhatsApp, LINE, and others.
The Senior Product Manager has direct responsibility for coordinating, managing, and prioritizing the product roadmap to ensure clarity and understanding with both the Kraken and client business. They will need to work in partnership with the technology teams and our Client Delivery Leads. The Senior Product Manager really needs to know how our communications products work within Kraken, identify problems, and refine solutions in the best way to leverage existing and new capability. They will bring technology, people and processes together to innovate improvements for our clients.
What you'll do
- Work closely with the software engineering teams, design teams, chief product owners and client delivery leads, to define the product vision and strategy.
- Identify new ideas and technology to improve the product.
- Gather requirements from various stakeholders. Consolidate those requirements into small pieces that can be built, tested, and deployed incrementally.
- Support the business with issue resolution for the product.
- Support the engineering teams to develop product features.
- Ensure we are constantly reviewing and adapting to customer and business needs.
- Develop relationships with communications product specialists within Kraken Technologies, and some client organizations.
- Be hands on - plan, track and proactively manage strategic and customer projects.
- Coordinate across timezones with our product teams to proactively manage dependencies and drive cross team collaboration.
- Continuously find ways to make work and results more visible, help to remove blockers and impediments to development.
What you'll have
- Experience leading complex large products with multiple stakeholders and diverse users, and managing conflicting requirements.
- To be a team player who can work effectively with your national and global team.
- Excellent communications, collaboration and presentation skills.
- Experience of Agile or Lean product development at scale, across the product lifecycle.
- Effective risk management and negotiation skills - able to balance competing demands to ensure best overall outcome.
- English fluency. Japanese ability is nice to have.
- Eye for detail, with a very clear and organized approach to product development, including data analytics to support decision making.
- Strong ability to synthesize effective solutions that can solve multiple problems at once.
- Customer and quality focus; highly effective at building and improving collaborative relationships.
Why else you'll love it here
- Our company culture - We won best company to work for in 2022, on Glassdoor we we're voted 50 best places to work in 2022 and our Group CEO, Greg has recorded a podcast about our culture and how we empower our people
- Flexible working environment - genuine work life balance here, we are in the top 5 companies in the UK, we treat you as a human, and do our best to make work and life merge smoothly together
- Relaxation - we don’t count your holidays here, we work hard, and so we know you need to play hard as well (within reason of course)
- Equity Options Scheme - you own your own part of the business, share options in the whole Octopus Energy Group so we all work together towards success
- Office culture - have a certain tech requirement? We’ll do our best to get it. Our offices are also stocked with fruit, breakfast, great coffee and soft drinks. Weekly on a Friday we all get together (this happens virtually too) for company updates and drinks - we call it Family Dinner
- Your development is important - we support and help with development including internal and external courses, learning, study support etc, all bespoke to you
If this sounds like you then we'd love to hear from you.
Studies have shown that some groups of people, like women, are less likely to apply to a role unless they meet 100% of the job requirements. Whoever you are, if you like one of our jobs, we encourage you to apply as you might just be the candidate we hire. Across Octopus, we're looking for genuinely decent people who are honest and empathetic. Our people are our strongest asset and the unique skills and perspectives people bring to the team are the driving force of our success. As an equal opportunity employer, we do not discriminate on the basis of any protected attribute. Our commitment is to provide equal opportunities, an inclusive work environment, and fairness for everyone.