Service and Repair Engineer (Heat Pumps) - SOUTH
United Kingdom · Remote
Posted on Thursday, August 17, 2023
Help us make a big green dent in the universe. We're on a mission to drive the global renewable energy revolution, and we need loads more people to help us make our vision a reality.
We are looking for experienced heating engineers who share our vision to move away from fossil fuels and provide sustainable heating technology to our customers.
Do you want to help our customers decarbonise their homes with incredibly low-carbon tech? Can you deliver outrageous service to our customers and take them on a journey to net zero? Are you an ambitious, motivated, service engineer who wants to work at Octopus Energy? If you think you’ve got what it takes, read on…..
As a Heat Pump Service and maintenance engineer, you’ll carry out all service activities, as well as diagnosing faults, repairing, and commissioning products on-site.
What you'll do
- Work as part of a team to maintain our customers' low carbon technology, starting with Air Source Heat Pumps and including commissioning, servicing, fault diagnosis and repairs.
- Support the aftercare team as a second-level technical advisor for all product types to troubleshoot and help resolve technical issues.
- Provide technical advice on all products and assist in the identification and resolution of technical issues by telephone support, email, or direct site contact.
- Advise customers on system setup and operation.
What you'll have
- A good few years experience in installation and/or maintenance of HVAC equipment under your belt, with the ability to diagnose and repair faults, in particular, electrical fault finding & multimeter experience
- Domestic hot & cold-water system knowledge
- Post-qualification experience within the industry and appropriate qualifications to be able to work with minimal supervision
- You need a minimum NVQ level 2 (or equivalent experience) within the Plumbing and Heating pathway
- A full clean Driving Licence (no more than 6 points)
- WRAS Water Supply Regs
- UHW10/HWSS Unvented DHW Storage Systems
- Gas safe certification
- BPEC L3 or equivalent in heat pump installation
- Part L Energy Efficiency
It would be great if you had some of the below too:
What we offer
- £38,000 - £42,000 OTE
- £2,500 annual bonus
- Share Options in Octopus Energy
- £25 per week lunch allowance
- Use of company tools
- Uniform and all PPE
- Company Vehicle and fuel
- Support for personal development in Renewable Tech
- Octopus Energy benefits package (see below)
- Octopus Energy is a unique culture. An organisation where people learn, decide, and build quicker. Where people work with autonomy, alongside a wide range of amazing co-owners, on projects that break new ground. We want your hard work to be rewarded with perks you actually care about!
- We've officially a world class company to work for [Best Companies] and we're in Glassdoor's [Top 50 best places to work in 2022]
- What do you get? Click here
If this sounds like you then we'd love to hear from you.
Studies have shown that some groups of people, like women, are less likely to apply to a role unless they meet 100% of the job requirements. Whoever you are, if you like one of our jobs, we encourage you to apply as you might just be the candidate we hire. Across Octopus, we're looking for genuinely decent people who are honest and empathetic. Our people are our strongest asset and the unique skills and perspectives people bring to the team are the driving force of our success. As an equal opportunity employer, we do not discriminate on the basis of any protected attribute. Our commitment is to provide equal opportunities, an inclusive work environment, and fairness for everyone.