Supply Chain Technology Manager
Hinckley, MN, USA · United Kingdom
Posted on Wednesday, August 16, 2023
Help us make a big green dent in the universe. We're on a mission to drive the global renewable energy revolution, and we need loads more people to help us make our vision a reality.
We’re looking for a tech-savvy individual to drive the development and operational management of technology within our supply chain, focusing especially on our internal logistics and distribution operations.
As our Supply Chain Technology Manager, you'll drive the operation and optimisation of our existing automation and software. You'll lead new tech roll out, 3rd party platform integrations, develop training material, and proactively manage any challenges to enable exceptional service delivery.
Your expertise will help our operations become more efficient, driving improvements to our service capacity and capabilities - and you won’t be afraid to roll up your sleeves and get stuck in!
What you'll do
- Oversee the daily operation of our existing automation and software solutions, proactively working to ensure it’s functioning efficiently. You’ll preemptively resolve any issues before they affect real-time operations
- Lead the introduction of new tech solutions that can further elevate our supply chain. Drive continuous improvements initiatives from concept to deployment
- Act as the bridge between the operations team and our 3rd party platform providers, developers, and product managers. Translate operational needs into clear, actionable requirements, so solutions are fit for purpose and meet the current and future needs of supply chain operations
- Develop training materials that facilitate easy adoption of new tools and platforms so operational teams can quickly and effortlessly get up to speed on tech changes
What you'll need
- We'd love for you to have a good few years of experience under your belt in supply chain technology roles, with a keen focus on both software and automation hardware
- Proven track record in managing and improving both in-house developed and third-party technology solutions
- Experience of a broad range of supply chain software, in particular warehouse and transport management systems
- Ability to seek improvement opportunities and thrive in operational environments of rapid growth
- Be a strong team player and demonstrate a positive, resilient and can-do attitude - you'll be a self starter
- To be willing to travel in order to build and maintain key partner and stakeholder relationships
Why else you'll love it here
- Wondering what the salary for this role is? Just ask us! On a call with one of our recruiters it's something we always cover as we genuinely want to match your experience with the correct salary. The reason why we don't advertise is because we honestly have a degree of flexibility and would never want salary to be a reason why someone doesn't apply to Octopus - what's more important to us is finding the right octofit!
- Octopus Energy is a unique culture. An organisation where people learn, decide, and build quicker. Where people work with autonomy, alongside a wide range of amazing co-owners, on projects that break new ground. We want your hard work to be rewarded with perks you actually care about! We won best company to work for in 2022, on Glassdoor we we're voted 50 best places to work in 2022 and our Group CEO, Greg has recorded a podcast about our culture and how we empower our people
- Visit our perks hub - Octopus Employee Benefits
If this sounds like you then we'd love to hear from you.
Studies have shown that some groups of people, like women, are less likely to apply to a role unless they meet 100% of the job requirements. Whoever you are, if you like one of our jobs, we encourage you to apply as you might just be the candidate we hire. Across Octopus, we're looking for genuinely decent people who are honest and empathetic. Our people are our strongest asset and the unique skills and perspectives people bring to the team are the driving force of our success. As an equal opportunity employer, we do not discriminate on the basis of any protected attribute. Our commitment is to provide equal opportunities, an inclusive work environment, and fairness for everyone.