Solar PV & Heat Pump Design Engineer
Posted on Wednesday, August 16, 2023
Help us make a big green dent in the universe. We're on a mission to drive the global renewable energy revolution, and we need loads more people to help us make our vision a reality.
We are seeking Solar PV & Heat Pump Design Engineers to support the development of an extensive pipeline of renewable energy projects throughout the UK. This role has the opportunity to work on the engineering and design development of a variety of solar PV, battery storage and heat pump solutions. You will be working alongside an in-house team of sales, operations, and installers.
What you'll do
- System design for both domestic and commercial applications
- Produce engineering drawings using Solar Software and AutoCAD for feasibility, optimised system performance and installation requirements
- Be able to understand renewable products to select appropriate equipment and materials
- Balance the requirement to deliver the best project as efficiently as possible to generate the optimum output
What you'll need
- Experienced in Solar and heat pump design
- Experienced in all things electrical & plumbing
- Software skills in AutoCAD, Solar software such as PVSOL / Easy-PV / Open Solar
- Awesome with computes, specifically in Microsoft / Google office
- Conversant with all relevant design and building standards
- Willingness to travel as and when required
Why else you'll love it here
- Octopus Energy is a unique culture. An organisation where people learn, decide, and build quicker. Where people work with autonomy, alongside a wide range of amazing co-owners, on projects that break new ground. We want your hard work to be rewarded with perks you actually care about! We won best company to work for in 2022, on Glassdoor we we're voted 50 best places to work in 2022 and our Group CEO, Greg has recorded a podcast about our culture and how we empower our people
- Visit our perks hub - Octopus Employee Benefits
If this sounds like you then we'd love to hear from you.
Studies have shown that some groups of people, like women, are less likely to apply to a role unless they meet 100% of the job requirements. Whoever you are, if you like one of our jobs, we encourage you to apply as you might just be the candidate we hire. Across Octopus, we're looking for genuinely decent people who are honest and empathetic. Our people are our strongest asset and the unique skills and perspectives people bring to the team are the driving force of our success. As an equal opportunity employer, we do not discriminate on the basis of any protected attribute. Our commitment is to provide equal opportunities, an inclusive work environment, and fairness for everyone.