Posted on Wednesday, August 16, 2023
Here at Octopus, we’re embarking on an exciting new project that extends to more than just face to face sales. We’ll be testing a brand new direct to consumer model where customer conversations could start from Digital engagements, Social engagements, Retail engagements or even on a customers front door. We’re changing the landscape of traditional field marketing and re-inventing face to face interactions.
We're looking for a leader of a totally new concept within field marketing.
What you'll do
- As a Regional Leader, you’ll be exactly that, a ‘Leader’, not a manager.
- You’ll be leading a team of face to face ambassadors to more than just a sales performance, you’ll be the frontline of our brand and as such, you’ll be driving our culture throughout your team.
- Your leadership style will be one of inspiration, not manipulation.
- You’ll be inspiring, motivating and coaching your team of around 20 ambassadors to their absolute best individual performance. There’s no need for carrots on sticks here at Octopus to remain motivated.
- Ultimately you’ll be the sort of manager who spends their time trying to catch your team members doing something right, not trying to catch them doing something wrong.
What you'll need
- Face to face experience within customer-centric roles
- An understanding in either door to door or event interactions
- Proven track record of managing and leading a regional face to face team and achieving outstanding performance
- The ability to demonstrate effective leadership to colleagues in order to influence and inspire.
- Experience within F2F recruitment, people resourcing and team development
- Demonstrate a positive proactive approach towards organisational change
- Experience in working autonomously
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills with the ability to tailor communication style to achieve maximum impact upon relevant situations and audience.
- Assertive and adaptable personal style to deliver constructive feedback on standards of performance and to the team
- Ability to analyse and interpret data to enhance and better team performance
- Report writing and presenting data and ideas to a C-Level audience
Why else you'll love it here
- Wondering what the salary for this role is? Just ask us! On a call with one of our recruiters it's something we always cover as we genuinely want to match your experience with the correct salary. The reason why we don't advertise is because we honestly have a degree of flexibility and would never want salary to be a reason why someone doesn't apply to Octopus - what's more important to us is finding the right octofit!
- Octopus Energy is a unique culture. An organisation where people learn, decide, and build quicker. Where people work with autonomy, alongside a wide range of amazing co-owners, on projects that break new ground. We want your hard work to be rewarded with perks you actually care about! We won best company to work for in 2022, on Glassdoor we were voted 50 best places to work in 2022 and our Group CEO, Greg has recorded a podcast about our culture and how we empower our people. We’ve also been placed in the top 10 companies for senior leadership
- Visit our UK perks hub - Octopus Employee Benefits
If this sounds like you and you want to know more, apply now to have a further conversation with someone in our team! If you don't have a CV to hand then that's also fine... please attach a short message as your CV just telling us a bit more about you and why you're interested in a career at Octopus Energy!