Posted on Wednesday, August 9, 2023
Help us make a big green dent in the universe. We're on a mission to drive the global renewable energy revolution, and we need loads more people to help us make our vision a reality.
As a Commercial Analyst, you will be a key member of Octopus Energy’s Low Carbon Technology team that is helping people go green and decarbonise their homes.
You’ll be responsible for analysing market trends, tracking competitors, and recommending pricing adjustments to help us bring green technology to more people. Your insights will make sure we have products that customers want, are commercially viable, and meet our business objectives.
What you'll do
- Create and maintain our “market outlook” for each of our low carbon technology products, interpreting industry trends, pricing, and competitive positioning (currently heat pumps, solar panels, and EV chargers)
- Collaborate with the product, finance, sales, and marketing teams to align pricing strategies with market dynamics
- Track and report on the effectiveness of pricing adjustments and measure their impact on business performance
- Analyse customer and operational data to assess the impact of pricing strategies on customer growth and profitability
- Collaborate with our finance and procurement teams to identify opportunities to improve our product economics so we can reduce prices for customers
What you'll need
- Strong analytical skills and a commercial mindset
- Deep love for well-built spreadsheets and data analysis tools
- Ability to interpret data and draw actionable insights
- Excellent communicator (both verbal and written)
- Super organised with an eagle eye for detail
- Deep interest in sustainability, green energy and achieving net zero
Why else you'll love it here
- Wondering what the salary for this role is? Just ask us! On a call with one of our recruiters it's something we always cover as we genuinely want to match your experience with the correct salary. The reason why we don't advertise is because we honestly have a degree of flexibility and would never want salary to be a reason why someone doesn't apply to Octopus - what's more important to us is finding the right octofit!
- Octopus Energy is a unique culture. An organisation where people learn, decide, and build quicker. Where people work with autonomy, alongside a wide range of amazing co-owners, on projects that break new ground. We want your hard work to be rewarded with perks you actually care about! We won best company to work for in 2022, on Glassdoor we were voted 50 best places to work in 2022 and our Group CEO, Greg has recorded a podcast about our culture and how we empower our people. We’ve also been placed in the top 10 companies for senior leadership
- Visit our UK perks hub - Octopus Employee Benefits
If this sounds like you then we'd love to hear from you.
Studies have shown that some groups of people, like women, are less likely to apply to a role unless they meet 100% of the job requirements. Whoever you are, if you like one of our jobs, we encourage you to apply as you might just be the candidate we hire. Across Octopus, we're looking for genuinely decent people who are honest and empathetic. Our people are our strongest asset and the unique skills and perspectives people bring to the team are the driving force of our success. As an equal opportunity employer, we do not discriminate on the basis of any protected attribute. Our commitment is to provide equal opportunities, an inclusive work environment, and fairness for everyone.