Commercial Asset Manager (Associate) - Solar
Posted on Tuesday, July 18, 2023
Help us make a big green dent in the universe. We're on a mission to drive the global renewable energy revolution, and we need loads more people to help us make our vision a reality.
Octopus Energy Generation (OEGEN) is a leader in sourcing, investing in, and managing a wide range of utility-scale renewable energy assets. As we continue to expand our investment base, we are dedicated to building a diverse team that reflects the communities we serve.
Since our entry into the renewables market in 2010, OEGEN has achieved remarkable milestones, becoming a leading investor in onshore wind across mainland Europe, the largest investor of solar power in Europe, and recently venturing into offshore wind projects. Currently, we manage a global portfolio of over £6 billion in renewable energy assets.
Our operational portfolio consists of more than three hundred energy-generating companies, delivering revenue of over £500 million per year. We take pride in our wind farms, solar power plants, and upcoming projects in energy storage and hydrogen.
We are seeking a highly motivated Commercial Asset Manager to join Octopus Energy Generation’s Solar asset management team.
The successful candidate will play a critical role in managing our renewable energy assets, ensuring optimal performance, and contributing to the growth and success of our organisation. This role involves overseeing the operation, maintenance, and financial performance of renewable energy projects, as well as assisting in the development of new projects. The ideal candidate should possess a strong understanding of renewable energy technologies and industry trends, as well as excellent analytical, communication, and project management skills.
What you’ll need:
- Bachelor’s degree in engineering, renewable energy, finance, or a related field. A master’s degree or relevant professional certifications would be a plus.
- Proven experience in renewable energy asset management or a related field, demonstrating a deep understanding of the industry, technologies, and project lifecycle.
- Strong analytical skills with the ability to interpret and analyse data, financial models, and technical reports to drive informed decision-making.
- Excellent project management abilities, including the ability to prioritise tasks, manage multiple projects simultaneously, and meet deadlines.
- Exceptional communication skills, both written and verbal, with the ability to effectively convey complex information to diverse stakeholders.
- Knowledge of regulatory frameworks and compliance requirements in the renewable energy sector.
- Strong problem-solving skills and the ability to think critically and creatively to overcome challenges and optimize asset performance.
- A proactive and self-motivated attitude with a strong attention to detail and the ability to work independently as well as part of a team.
What you’ll do:
- Take ownership of asset performance by managing the day-to-day operations, including monitoring performance, assessing risks to asset performance with a focus on issue management and return to service.
- Develop and implement asset management strategies to optimise the financial performance of renewable energy projects, including analysing revenue streams, reducing costs, and maximising return on investment.
- Collaborate with internal and external stakeholders to ensure compliance with regulatory requirements, contracts, and safety standards.
- Prepare and present regular reports on the operational and financial performance of renewable energy assets, including key performance indicators, risks, and opportunities.
- Stay abreast of industry trends, technological advancements, and policy changes related to renewable energy to inform asset management strategies and identify new opportunities.
- Foster and maintain strong relationships with project partners, suppliers, contractors, and other stakeholders to ensure effective collaboration and successful project outcomes.
- Negotiate non-material contracts and manages key material contracts.
- Interpret due diligence findings and incorporates them into financial models.
- Demonstrate in-depth knowledge of CDM (or relevant), planning, and commissioning procedures.
If this sounds like you then we'd love to hear from you.
Studies have shown that some groups of people, like women, are less likely to apply to a role unless they meet 100% of the job requirements. Whoever you are, if you like one of our jobs, we encourage you to apply as you might just be the candidate we hire. Across Octopus, we're looking for genuinely decent people who are honest and empathetic. Our people are our strongest asset and the unique skills and perspectives people bring to the team are the driving force of our success. As an equal opportunity employer, we do not discriminate on the basis of any protected attribute. Our commitment is to provide equal opportunities, an inclusive work environment, and fairness for everyone.