Client Success Leader
Posted on Tuesday, July 11, 2023
Kraken is the technology tentacle of the Octopus Energy Group.
Since 2015, Octopus Energy Group has been on a mission to bring affordable, green energy to the world. With the help of our in-house developed technology platform, Kraken, we’ve become the 4th largest energy supplier in the UK, opened retailers in 5 other countries, and licensed our software to retail giants including E.ON in the UK, Origin Energy in Australia and Plenitude across Europe . We’ve reinvented energy products with smart, data-driven tariffs to balance customer demand with renewable generation - and we’re the biggest investor in renewable generation in the UK.
We've since expanded our tentacles and we are growing our tech teams across Europe. We already have established hubs in Paris, Milan, Valencia, Munich and Berlin. We're looking for people passionate about helping clients gain business value from technology; someone ambitious on behalf of their clients. Working with Kraken is a chance to join an exciting scale-up business within the energy supply sector, one that’s at the forefront of changing the landscape of the energy industry across the world. A role with us offers you the chance to contribute to building world-class operations that will catapult you into a fantastic career
We have been licensing Kraken for over 3 years now, transforming businesses by not only moving their customer base to our Kraken platform but also changing their operating model & ways of working. Throughout this time our team has been at the forefront of industry leading migrations whilst setting a new standard for what business transformation can look like.
In this role, you'll be responsible for Client Success with E.ON Next, one of our major UK clients, who have recently migrated onto the Kraken platform.
What you'll do
- Ensure that key business stakeholders continue to be satisfied with the value they are getting from us
- Expand the collaboration into new areas of joint business
- Build relationships with the broader E.ON Group. This is also likely to include key partners to E.ON
- Own the client relationship as the primary point of contact for Kraken and Octopus Energy Group
- Make sure the client continuously sees value in the relationship, by aligning on success criteria and overseeing our ongoing technology, operations and business engagements
- Understand your client’s business strategy and challenges, anticipating how collaboration with other parts of Kraken and/or Octopus Energy Group can accelerate their success. Orchestrate internal and partner resources to seize these new opportunities
- Accountable for client revenue, ensuring alignment between contractual commitments, delivery and invoicing
- Regularly monitor the quality of the client relationship and facilitate joint governance sessions with senior management on both sides. Anticipate deviations and manage expectations
What you'll need
- B2B complex tech program / account management - you have direct and extensive experience with both the sales and delivery processes for complex B2B technology engagements. You understand what a client is after and why, what makes them take decisions, and you are comfortable working all levels of the client’s organisation, from C-level down, to build out successful collaboration
- Consultative approach to business transformation - you are comfortable navigating complex client organisations faced with a need to transform the business. You understand the dynamics of how companies deal with risk and change, and you enjoy accompanying them through their transition
- Energy sector - you have experience with the energy sector, ideally Energy Retail. You understand the business model and how they will need to transform in the coming years. You may also have relevant experience from other sectors that have gone through similar transformations
- C-level presence and ease - you can demonstrate concrete senior level relationships with clients, partners and perhaps your employer. You can tell stories about how you as a natural problem-solver have proactively initiated the right conversations at senior levels to get business issues resolved or new opportunities on the radar
Why else you'll love it here
- Wondering what the salary for this role is? Just ask us! On a call with one of our recruiters it's something we always cover as we genuinely want to match your experience with the correct salary. The reason why we don't advertise is because we honestly have a degree of flexibility and would never want salary to be a reason why someone doesn't apply to Octopus - what's more important to us is finding the right octofit!
- Octopus Energy Group has a unique culture. An organisation where people learn, decide, and build quicker. Where people work with autonomy, alongside a wide range of amazing co-owners, on projects that break new ground. We want your hard work to be rewarded with perks you actually care about! We won best company to work for in 2022, on Glassdoor we were voted 50 best places to work in 2022 and our Group CEO, Greg has recorded a podcast about our culture and how we empower our people. We’ve also been placed in the top 10 companies for senior leadership
- Visit our UK perks hub - Octopus Employee Benefits
If this sounds like you then we'd love to hear from you.
Studies have shown that some groups of people, like women, are less likely to apply to a role unless they meet 100% of the job requirements. Whoever you are, if you like one of our jobs, we encourage you to apply as you might just be the candidate we hire. Across Octopus, we're looking for genuinely decent people who are honest and empathetic. Our people are our strongest asset and the unique skills and perspectives people bring to the team are the driving force of our success. As an equal opportunity employer, we do not discriminate on the basis of any protected attribute. Our commitment is to provide equal opportunities, an inclusive work environment, and fairness for everyone.