Posted on Thursday, July 6, 2023
About Octopus Electroverse
We’re making electric vehicle ownership as smart and as simple as possible, by building the giant, virtual charging platform of the future.
In just over two years, Octopus Electroverse has grown to become one of the largest eMobility players in Europe, with over 520,000 connected electric vehicle chargers and a customer ecosystem spanning web, iOS, Android, CarPlay, Android Auto & Automotive OS, and more.
But it’s just the start: we’re busy launching in new countries, working with more automotive and tech partners, building exciting new features at scale, and creating the integrated charging experiences of the future - all in the name of making public EV charging super simple for customers.
Electroverse is a multifunctional team made up of product, development, commercial, operations, marketing, partnerships and more - all focused together on making Octopus the go-to name in EV charging. And we’re looking for smart individuals with an interest in the space who can help us make it happen.
We’re looking for a Customer Specialist to join our Operations team and delight our customers as we grow Electroverse!
You’ll speak to both individual and business customers, reply to conversations on social media, and even use our in-build translation software to speak to our customers around the world.
What you'll do
- Take a leading role in looking after Electroverse customers: from sign-up questions, card requests, app feedback, and more - You’ll be the voice of our growing brand!
- Deliver high-quality care and support for both businesses and individuals. Octopus is known for its amazing customer service in energy, and we provide that same quality for our EV customers!
- Dig into the technical side of the product as you solve customer queries.
- Get to grips with social media management and brand tone of voice as you help represent Electroverse on social platforms.
- Stay up to date with the latest Electroverse features and new releases and be able to talk about these with customers as you are a core part of the team!
- Work with the wider team to deeply understand the customer ecosystem and suggest ways in which we can improve as we grow.
Why else you'll love it here
- Wondering what the salary for this role is? Just ask us! On a call with one of our recruiters it's something we always cover as we genuinely want to match your experience with the correct salary. The reason why we don't advertise is because we honestly have a degree of flexibility and would never want salary to be a reason why someone doesn't apply to Octopus - what's more important to us is finding the right octofit!
- Octopus Energy is a unique culture. An organisation where people learn, decide, and build quicker. Where people work with autonomy, alongside a wide range of amazing co-owners, on projects that break new ground. We want your hard work to be rewarded with perks you actually care about! We won best company to work for in 2022, on Glassdoor we were voted 50 best places to work in 2022 and our Group CEO, Greg has recorded a podcast about our culture and how we empower our people. We’ve also been placed in the top 10 companies for senior leadership
- Visit our UK perks hub - Octopus Employee Benefits
If this sounds like you then we'd love to hear from you.
Studies have shown that some groups of people, like women, are less likely to apply to a role unless they meet 100% of the job requirements. Whoever you are, if you like one of our jobs, we encourage you to apply as you might just be the candidate we hire. Across Octopus, we're looking for genuinely decent people who are honest and empathetic. Our people are our strongest asset and the unique skills and perspectives people bring to the team are the driving force of our success. As an equal opportunity employer, we do not discriminate on the basis of any protected attribute. Our commitment is to provide equal opportunities, an inclusive work environment, and fairness for everyone.