Smart Metering/EV Auditor - TAO
United Kingdom · Remote
Posted on Wednesday, July 5, 2023
Help us make a big green dent in the universe. We're on a mission to drive the global renewable energy revolution, and we need loads more people to help us make our vision a reality.
We’re spearheading the transition to greener, cheaper energy through the installation of in-home technologies; from smart meters and electric car chargers; to low carbon heating, home batteries, solar, and beyond. Utilising Octopus’ awesome tech power, Kraken Tech we deliver smart energy solutions for our customers.
To ensure that we deliver a safe low carbon heat install to our domestic customers, we look to continually develop the safety, compliance and quality assurance side of the business.
The Smart Metering Auditor will be responsible for conducting audits of smart metering systems and processes to ensure compliance with industry standards and regulations. The Auditor will work closely with the Smart Metering team to identify areas of improvement and provide recommendations for corrective action.
What you'll do
- Conduct audits of smart metering systems and processes to ensure compliance with industry standards and regulations.
- Review and analyse data from smart meters to identify potential issues or anomalies.
- Work closely with the Smart Metering team to develop and implement corrective action plans.
- Provide recommendations for process improvements to enhance the efficiency and effectiveness of smart metering systems.
- Prepare audit reports and present findings to management and stakeholders.
- Stay up to date with industry standards and regulations related to smart metering.
- Conduct investigations and take statements.
- Supervise refresher training and conduct trade tests.
What you'll need
- Multiphase and 3-Phase MOCoP Metering
- Gas ACS qualification in metering (CCN1 MET1 MET4 REGT1)
- Minimum of 3 years of experience in smart metering or related field (we could really do with the experience)
- 18th Edition is desirable but not essential
- Strong knowledge of smart metering systems and processes
- Experience conducting audits and preparing audit reports
- Excellent analytical and problem-solving skills
- Awesome communication skills - you're a people person
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team
- Knowledge of industry standards and regulations related to smart metering
A couple of extra bits to know
- You'll need to be able to work at a height in this role
- You will be a happy traveling as this is required, you'll be visiting various locations to conduct audits
- Flexible to work out of hours on occasion
Why else you'll love it here
- Octopus Energy is a unique culture. An organisation where people learn, decide, and build quicker. Where people work with autonomy, alongside a wide range of amazing co-owners, on projects that break new ground. We want your hard work to be rewarded with perks you actually care about! We won best company to work for in 2022, on Glassdoor we we're voted 50 best places to work in 2022 and our Group CEO, Greg has recorded a podcast about our culture and how we empower our people
If this sounds like you then we'd love to hear from you.
Studies have shown that some groups of people, like women, are less likely to apply to a role unless they meet 100% of the job requirements. Whoever you are, if you like one of our jobs, we encourage you to apply as you might just be the candidate we hire. Across Octopus, we're looking for genuinely decent people who are honest and empathetic. Our people are our strongest asset and the unique skills and perspectives people bring to the team are the driving force of our success. As an equal opportunity employer, we do not discriminate on the basis of any protected attribute. Our commitment is to provide equal opportunities, an inclusive work environment, and fairness for everyone.