Gas Policy Manager
United Kingdom · Remote
Posted on Wednesday, July 5, 2023
Help us make a big green dent in the universe. We're on a mission to drive the global renewable energy revolution, and we need loads more people to help us make our vision a reality.
Octopus Energy Services is spearheading the transition to greener, cheaper energy through the installation of in-home technologies; from smart meters and electric car chargers; to low carbon heating, home batteries, solar, and beyond. Utilising Octopus’ awesome tech power, Kraken Tech we deliver smart energy solutions for our customers.
We're in an exciting and strong position where we see growth and development in all business areas, due to this, we're now looking for a Gas Policy Manager to join our Technical Support team. The successful applicant will be responsible for the technical management of the operational field workforce, including direct & contracted meter operatives, plus other associated gas service providers. This is a hybrid role with nationwide travel to our offices across the UK.
What you'll do
- Ensure that the correct technical standards are set, maintained, and followed
- Amend training standards in line with business need
- Review and implement industry standards/changes
- Investigate incidents to a high standard
- Make sure that corrective actions are followed through to completion
- Ensure industry audits are completed in line with schedules and that our business is represented within the relevant industry forums.
What you'll need
- Gas ACS qualification in metering (CCN1 MET1 MET4 REGT1)
- IGEM registration at Engineering Technician level (Eng-Tech) or higher
- Previous experience working within a metering business with experience on wider gas competencies (I&C, appliances etc...) is desirable
- Experience of supervising a field-based technical workforce
- Detailed technical knowledge of gas metering standards, configurations & legislation.
- Knowledge of MAM CoP, AMI, SMICoP & IGEM documents.
- Be computer literate - we use Microsoft Office so we'd love you to know how to operate that
Why else you'll love it here
- Octopus Energy is a unique culture. An organisation where people learn, decide, and build quicker. Where people work with autonomy, alongside a wide range of amazing co-owners, on projects that break new ground. We want your hard work to be rewarded with perks you actually care about! We won best company to work for in 2022, on Glassdoor we we're voted 50 best places to work in 2022 and our Group CEO, Greg has recorded a podcast about our culture and how we empower our people
The working hours are 42 hours per week, Monday – Friday. This role is hybrid and you will be required to travel to our nationwide offices.
If this sounds like you then we'd love to hear from you.
Studies have shown that some groups of people, like women, are less likely to apply to a role unless they meet 100% of the job requirements. Whoever you are, if you like one of our jobs, we encourage you to apply as you might just be the candidate we hire. Across Octopus, we're looking for genuinely decent people who are honest and empathetic. Our people are our strongest asset and the unique skills and perspectives people bring to the team are the driving force of our success. As an equal opportunity employer, we do not discriminate on the basis of any protected attribute. Our commitment is to provide equal opportunities, an inclusive work environment, and fairness for everyone.