Heat Pump Engineer
United Kingdom · Remote
Posted on Saturday, July 1, 2023
Help us make a big green dent in the universe. We're on a mission to drive the global renewable energy revolution, and we need loads more people to help us make our vision a reality.
We're recruiting Plumbing and Heating Engineers to install our Air Source Heat Pumps. We're looking for passionate people who have worked on the installation of heating systems and we provide full training for candidates looking to make the transition to renewables!
We're recruiting Nationwide across England.
What you'll do
- You’ll work as part of a team to install low carbon technology in customers' homes - starting with Air Source Heat Pumps
- You’ll learn about new technologies and get awesome training in our state-of-the-art £10m training centre; giving you the confidence to install the kit, to find solutions to challenges and to share low carbon advice with our customers
- You’ll use your knowledge and experience of heat pump installations to deliver an outrageous experience
- You’ll review and collaborate on technical specifications and mechanical drawings
- You’ll work with an electrican to commission Air Source Heat Pumps
- You’ll lead a team; be responsible for your crew and empower them to make on-the-fly decisions to do what’s right for you and your customers
What you'll have
- You’ll be experienced in the installation of boilers and it's a plus if you know about air source heat pumps
- You’ll be an experienced plumbing and heating engineer with knowledge of heating system design and the ability to fault find. You’ll also have domestic hot & cold water system knowledge
- You’ll have experience of reviewing and challenging technical specifications & mechanical drawings
- It would be great if you had knowledge of and a basic competency in electrical levels
- It would be great if you had experience with hydraulic systems to design & quality standards - CIBSE & MCS - but this isn't a must
- Similarly F-gas would be great but it’s not essential
- For this role, you need a minimum NVQ level 2 (or equivalent experience) within the Plumbing and Heating pathway and a full, clean Driving Licence
- WRAS Water Supply Regs
- UHW10/HWSS Unvented DHW Storage Systems
- Gas safe certification
- BPEC L3 or equivalent in heat pump installation
It would be great if you had some of the below too
What we offer
- Engineers basic salary £38,000 plus overtime/on-call (OTE £42000) and Plumbers £26,000 - £30,000
- £2,500 annual bonus
- Share Options in Octopus Energy Group
- £25 per week lunch allowance
- Use of company tools
- Uniform and all PPE
- Company Vehicle and fuel card
- Support for personal development in Renewable Tech
- World class ongoing training provided
- Octopus Energy benefits package (see below)
- Octopus Energy is a unique culture. An organisation where people learn, decide, and build quicker. Where people work with autonomy, alongside a wide range of amazing co-owners, on projects that break new ground. We want your hard work to be rewarded with perks you actually care about! We won best company to work for in 2022, on Glassdoor we were voted 50 best places to work in 2022 and our Group CEO, Greg has recorded a podcast about our culture and how we empower our people. We’ve also been placed in the top 10 companies for senior leadership
- Visit our UK perks hub - Octopus Employee Benefits
More about our Low Carbon Team...
Octopus Energy Services is spearheading the transition to greener, cheaper energy through the installation of in-home technologies; from smart meters and EV chargers; to low carbon heating, home batteries, solar, and beyond. We deliver smart energy, low carbon solutions for our customers.
We’ve fallen head-over-heels with heat pumps - which provide an ultra-efficient, reliable alternative to gas boilers. Our low carbon heating teams will learn all about them at our £10m training and R&D centre to become the defining force in installing these magical systems. Utilizing Octopus Energy’s awesome tech power we’re making electric heating the smart, accessible and clean choice for every home in the UK.
At Octopus, the customer is at the heart of everything we do. As the face of the whole company, our diverse, industry-leading field force delivers the outrageous experience Octopus Energy customers love and expect.
We need awesome people to drive the global renewable energy revolution and help make our vision a reality. We are looking for Heat Pump Engineers who share our vision to move away from fossil fuels and provide low carbon sustainable heating technology to our customers.
Do you want to help our customers decarbonise their homes with incredible low carbon tech? Apply now!
If this sounds like you then we'd love to hear from you.
Studies have shown that some groups of people, like women, are less likely to apply to a role unless they meet 100% of the job requirements. Whoever you are, if you like one of our jobs, we encourage you to apply as you might just be the candidate we hire. Across Octopus, we're looking for genuinely decent people who are honest and empathetic. Our people are our strongest asset and the unique skills and perspectives people bring to the team are the driving force of our success. As an equal opportunity employer, we do not discriminate on the basis of any protected attribute. Our commitment is to provide equal opportunities, an inclusive work environment, and fairness for everyone.