Smart Meter Engineer
United Kingdom · Remote
Posted on Thursday, June 8, 2023
Help us make a big green dent in the universe. We're on a mission to drive the global renewable energy revolution, and we need loads more people to help us make our vision a reality.
We're looking for smart meter engineers with a proven track record of safety and customer excellence. You’ll be representing our brands in our customers’ homes; in many cases, the first face-to-face contact a customer has with Octopus Energy - so our expectations are high.
You’ll be just as happy talking to the customer and getting to know them as you are about doing the installation itself. You’ll be fitting meters; showing customers how their meter and in-home display works; how it can help them save energy and answering any questions about the green energy revolution we are leading.
As part of the Octopus Energy Services team, we’ll ensure you have the best of everything you need to deliver the top class service we’re aiming for. You’ll be supported by an office team who will share the same performance goals, so we’re always working as one team to deliver the best possible experience for the customer. You’ll also have the backing of Octopus Energy’s massive tech power - so we’ll be able to constantly evolve and shift processes to ensure we’re always delivering our best service. This should help to keep admin to a minimum, allowing you to focus on what you do best.
You can based anywhere in CT, ME, DA, TN, DA, RH, BR, GU, RG, CR, TW, UB, MK, CB, CO, IP, PE, NN, SY, WR, LE, NG, DE, S, DN, LA, CA, YO, TS, E, SW, SE, NN, W.
What you'll need
- Safety at the forefront of everything you do
- Excellent people skills and a dynamic approach to smart metering
- Previous experience in domestic dual fuel metering
- Gas Safe – CCN1/MET1 or CMA1/MET1 (or equivalent);
- MOCoPA - at least 1ph WC
- A full UK driving licence.
- The ability to use a handheld terminal.
- A flexible working approach and a desire to create a positive customer experience
Why else you'll love it here
- Octopus Energy is a unique culture. An organisation where people learn, decide, and build quicker. Where people work with autonomy, alongside a wide range of amazing co-owners, on projects that break new ground. We want your hard work to be rewarded with perks you actually care about!
- What do you get? Click here
- Basic salary £32,500
- Once upskilled (£35,500 inside the M25)
- £2,500 yearly bonus
- Share options in Octopus Energy
- £25 per week lunch allowance
- Fit bonus = £15 per meter after 6 meters
- On call and Saturday working available and optional
- Opportunities to upskill to EV and heat pumps
If this sounds like you then we'd love to hear from you.
Studies have shown that some groups of people, like women, are less likely to apply to a role unless they meet 100% of the job requirements. Whoever you are, if you like one of our jobs, we encourage you to apply as you might just be the candidate we hire. Across Octopus, we're looking for genuinely decent people who are honest and empathetic. Our people are our strongest asset and the unique skills and perspectives people bring to the team are the driving force of our success. As an equal opportunity employer, we do not discriminate on the basis of any protected attribute. Our commitment is to provide equal opportunities, an inclusive work environment, and fairness for everyone.