Team Manager - Customer & Install Support
Posted on Monday, June 5, 2023
Help us make a big green dent in the universe. We're on a mission to drive the global renewable energy revolution, and we need loads more people to help us make our vision a reality.
Octopus Energy Services is spearheading the transition to greener, cheaper energy through the installation of in-home technologies; from smart meters and EV chargers to low-carbon heating, home batteries, solar, and beyond. We deliver smart energy, low carbon solutions for our customers.
We’ve fallen head-over-heels with heat pumps and we're looking for experts who share our vision: Moving away from fossil fuels, towards sustainable, smart technologies for our customers.
At Octopus, the customer is at the heart of everything we do. As the face of the whole company, our diverse, industry-leading teams deliver the outrageous experience Octopus Energy customers love and expect.
An exciting opportunity has arisen for a talented Team Manager to join us in Brighton. You will be responsible for helping to shape, grow and manage a team of heat pump install coordinators as well as overseeing the day-to-day operations function.
What you'll do
- Manage a team of Install Coordinators, who work alongside a large team of sales experts, field engineers, and surveyors
- Demonstrate exceptional leadership in the day-to-day running of the customer support function, delivering exceptional customer service during the journey towards installations and beyond
- Look for opportunities to continually improve performance
- Create effective reporting, analyse and act to drive improvement
- Be an advocate for your team whilst creating an elite performance culture to deliver success
- Support the team's growth through impactful coaching and development
- Develop a deep understanding of Octopus culture and customer experience; setting the tone for your team
What you'll need
- To be a team player and relationship builder, having the ability to create great working relationships with people across cultures and perspectives
- To be able to effectively lead and inspire a team - this is key
- To be agile; being positive, proactive, and energised by working in a fast-paced environment characterised by constant change
- To have experience in management and leadership
- To have a high level of adaptability and agility to manage multiple projects at one time (we are growing quickly!)
- To be able to think creatively and logically to react to changes in strategy
- To be someone who establishes and works with a network quickly to deliver with a focus on quality and delivery
- To be analytical, seek out data and use this to inform your decisions
- Desirable: Energy/LCT industry experience
Why else you'll love it here
- Wondering what the salary for this role is? Just ask us! On a call with one of our recruiters it's something we always cover as we genuinely want to match your experience with the correct salary. The reason why we don't advertise is because we honestly have a degree of flexibility and would never want salary to be a reason why someone doesn't apply to Octopus - what's more important to us is finding the right octofit!
- Octopus Energy is a unique culture. An organisation where people learn, decide, and build quicker. Where people work with autonomy, alongside a wide range of amazing co-owners, on projects that break new ground. We want your hard work to be rewarded with perks you actually care about! We won best company to work for in 2022, on Glassdoor we were voted 50 best places to work in 2022 and our Group CEO, Greg has recorded a podcast about our culture and how we empower our people. We’ve also been placed in the top 10 companies for senior leadership
- Visit our UK perks hub - Octopus Employee Benefits
If this sounds like you then we'd love to hear from you.
Studies have shown that some groups of people, like women, are less likely to apply to a role unless they meet 100% of the job requirements. Whoever you are, if you like one of our jobs, we encourage you to apply as you might just be the candidate we hire. Across Octopus, we're looking for genuinely decent people who are honest and empathetic. Our people are our strongest asset and the unique skills and perspectives people bring to the team are the driving force of our success. As an equal opportunity employer, we do not discriminate on the basis of any protected attribute. Our commitment is to provide equal opportunities, an inclusive work environment, and fairness for everyone.