Customer Success Engineer
Customer Service, Sales & Business Development
Posted on Wednesday, May 17, 2023
The energy industry is undergoing the largest transformation since industrialisation at an unprecedented rate of change and we are positioning ourselves to be at the heart of that change.
Our aim is to be the leading global provider of solutions that enable customers to release £30bn of value per annum from distributed energy resources (DERs). We are building a Software as a Service (SaaS) subscription business with a global addressable market of £2.4 billion per annum, by digitally connecting hundreds of thousands of DERs with energy markets.
We have already attained a market leading position and KrakenFlex is a recognised thought leader and innovator in the industry. Our efforts have not gone unnoticed and we are pleased to announce that we now have the full support and backing of Octopus Energy, an award-winning UK energy supplier who share our passion and values.
As we enter the stage of rapid commercialisation and customer account growth, we have a number of exciting new offerings to launch to customers. We’re looking for an exceptional person to help us continuously deliver features that provide value to our customers.
Our ideal Customer Success Engineer would be an individual keen to solve real-world problems to deliver value to customers through answering questions, investigating technical queries, writing tutorials and guides, and marshalling requests to the development teams within a collaborative, community-based environment.
You will need to be technically sharp and people oriented; assisting with case management from customer queries we receive, and deep diving into our applications to diagnose issues, and reporting back on it.
We operate a highly agile development approach, giving wide scope to be involved with hands-on system-design, test driven development, deployment and operations.
What you’ll do
- Provide technical expertise for customers to support pre-sales and post-sales processes, guiding prospective customers through their onboarding process
- Address all product-related queries from customers in a timely manner
- Work closely with our Business Development department to win new business and increase revenue through the provision of technical expertise including:
- Training customers to use KrakenFlex products effectively and provide supporting documentation
- Visits to customer’s offices when necessary
- Report on product performance and provide our Product & Development teams with customers’ feedback to help identify potential new features or products
- Provide analysis of customers’ needs and suggest upgrades or additional features to meet their requirements
- Work closely with the Customer Operations team to improve processes and effectiveness
- Identify solutions to reduce support costs (e.g. eliminating manual processes)
- (Optional) Contribute to our 24x7 support model my taking part in our (paid) on call rota
What you'll need
- Solid technical background in a SaaS business with hands on experience in developing cloud-native applications
- Technical Account Management, Customer Support experience or Sales Engineering experience or equivalent experience - developers interested in working directly with customers are highly encouraged to apply.
- Familiarity with back-end and front-end software engineering practices
- Problem solving and analytical skills across technical, product and business questions, with an ability to gasp customers’ needs and suggest timely solutions
- Experience driving technical conversations with technical and non-technical people
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- A drive to get things done in a collaborative, agile development environment, with an ability to effectively work across functions (e.g. sales, product, engineering)
- A proven ability to multitask and perform well in a fast-paced environment
What you'll love about us
- Octopus Energy is a unique culture. An organisation where people learn, decide, and build quicker. Where people work with autonomy, alongside a wide range of amazing co-owners, on projects that break new ground. We want your hard work to be rewarded with perks you actually care about!
- What do you get? Click here
This description gives a feel for the role, however if you’re missing something here but think you’d fit, we’d love to hear from you.
Ideally you will be based in the Greater Manchester and happy to come into the office a couple of days per week! But we appreciate that things have changed and flexibility is at the top of everyone's agenda, so if you would rather be remote please let us know.
If this sounds like you then we'd love to hear from you.
Studies have shown that some groups of people, like women, are less likely to apply to a role unless they meet 100% of the job requirements. Whoever you are, if you like one of our jobs, we encourage you to apply as you might just be the candidate we hire. Across Octopus, we're looking for genuinely decent people who are honest and empathetic. Our people are our strongest asset and the unique skills and perspectives people bring to the team are the driving force of our success. As an equal opportunity employer, we do not discriminate on the basis of any protected attribute. Our commitment is to provide equal opportunities, an inclusive work environment, and fairness for everyone.