Product Owner - Kraken technologies
Posted on Thursday, May 11, 2023
Kraken is the technology tentacle of the Octopus Energy Group.
Our mission is to provide cheaper, greener energy to the French market.
Octopus Energy France is a fast-growing energy company recognized as an ESS (social economy).
We offer a better experience to our customers through transparency, honesty and simplicity. We want to do better for the planet, through real, long-term investment in renewable energy production and a low-CO2 future that's better for our customers' wallets. We want to revolutionize the energy business through our people, our platform and our use of data.
Our focus is on customer satisfaction, and receiving positive reviews is important to us - we have the best score among French energy suppliers on Google Reviews and Trust Pilot.
Kraken Technologies is a company within Octopus Energy Group who are licensing the Kraken platform and operating model to clients across the world. Current clients are both the Octopus Energy retails businesses around the world as well as external clients such as Good Energy, Origin, EDF, E.ON & Queensland Energy - with many more expected to join over the next few years!
All technology is written and maintained by a multi-discipline engineering team of around 450 people globally. This includes server-side, client-side and mobile engineers working closely with UX experts, copywriters and designers.
We follow a Kanban-like approach, using Google docs and Asana to specify and manage work; Github, CircleCI and Terraform Enterprise as part of an immutable-infrastructure, continuous delivery pipeline; and Loggly, Sentry and Cloudwatch to measure performance and monitor production.
Some of our coding conventions are open-source.
The product is at the heart of the Kraken project
Our goal is to offer our customers an exceptional experience, the keystone of our strategy to shake up the energy market. Our team is made up of seasoned experts, and our platform is built around modern, flexible technology.
Your main tasks will be
- Gather user needs and feedback on the various products managed by the team
- Refine and prioritize requirements;
- Write user stories and maintain the backlog;
- Establish and monitor roadmaps;
- Work in collaboration with business teams and developers.
This job is made for you if
- You have at least 3 years' experience as a PO;
- You are familiar with Asana and the Scrum methodology;
- You already have experience in the energy sector;
- You are a good communicator and have good interpersonal skills for getting teams to work together;
- You're rigorous, positive and like to take initiative;
- You're not afraid of a challenge;
- You have user awareness and an appetite for UX
- You can attend our 2 on-site days per week at the Paris office
What you'll love about us
- Wondering what the salary is for this position? Ask us! During our initial contact, this is something we always bring up, because we really want to match your experience with the right salary. The reason we don't talk about it here is that we have a degree of flexibility and would never want salary to be a reason why someone doesn't apply to Octopus - what's more important to us is finding the right octofit!
- Octopus Energy has a unique culture: we won the award for Best Company to Work For in 2022, on Glassdoor UK we were voted one of the 50 Best Places to Work in 2022 and our CEO, Greg, recorded a podcast about our culture and how we empower our employees. In France, we were awarded the Happy at Work label, and ranked eighteenth out of a total of 1,675 structures in the category of companies where employees find the most meaning.
- We are an organization where people learn, decide and build faster. Where they work autonomously, with extraordinary people, on innovative projects. Profit-sharing, flex-office, excellent mutual insurance, soft mobility package, coverage of part of the "pass navigo" above the legal minimum, and even special days off to invest in an associative project that's close to your heart... we want your investment to be rewarded by benefits you really care about!
At Octopus, we're looking for people who are genuinely caring and empathetic. Equal opportunities are important to us, and we're committed to providing an inclusive and fair working environment. We invite you to apply, whatever your age, gender, marital status, color, disability, pregnancy or parenthood, origin, religious beliefs or sexual orientation.