Compliance Lead - Investments
Posted on Thursday, April 13, 2023
Help us make a big green dent in the universe. We're on a mission to drive the global renewable energy revolution, and we need loads more people to help us make our vision a reality.
Octopus Energy is working hard to change the future of energy across the world. From harnessing the abundant natural resources on land and sea to generate more green electrons, to supplying those electrons to homes and businesses, we’re committed to driving the green energy revolution faster than ever before.
This is a fantastic opportunity for a compliance guru to join the growing Octopus Energy Collective team. The Collective champions ‘people-lead’ participation in renewable energy projects with the goal of unlocking a new wave of renewables projects, owned by institutions and individuals.
We’re looking for a passionate and driven Compliance Lead to help develop and run a best-in-class compliance function, with best customer outcomes at the heart. You will be an integral part of a dynamic and cross-functional team and will hit the ground running - both supporting and leading on a wide range of compliance matters.
We strongly encourage applications from a variety of candidates - we believe that different experiences result in increased ideas, collaboration and success. The first stage of the process will include a run through of our company culture, as well as a conversation around what is important for you in your next role.
What you'll do
- Assume the role of Compliance Lead, overseeing the Collective’s compliance with all relevant regulations and standards to ensure ongoing compliance and regulatory needs are met.
- Monitor changes in the regulatory environment and implement effective changes to reflect changing law and regulation
- Monitor compliance with policies, procedures, and regulations.
- Work closely with the first line teams to embed a strong compliance culture and drive great outcomes for our customers in line with the FCA’s Consumer Duty
- Provide advice and guidance to senior management on compliance issues.
- Collaborate with other teams to ensure that operations comply with internal policies.
- Work closely with the product development team, inputting into new product processes.
- Communicate with a wide range of audiences to explain governance & compliance requirements in business risk terms.
What you'll need
- Proven experience in managing and delivering governance, risk and assurance initiatives and developing and managing a compliance function.
- Evidence of academic or professional qualification or applicable experience in the industry.
- In depth knowledge of the FCA regulatory regime
- Experience of working with retail investments
- A proactive and practical individual with an eye for details, communication skills and the ability to work under pressure
- Ability to work as part of a team with an emphasis on knowledge-sharing
Why else you'll love it here
- Wondering what the salary for this role is? Just ask us! On a call with one of our recruiters it's something we always cover as we genuinely want to match your experience with the correct salary. The reason why we don't advertise is because we honestly have a degree of flexibility and would never want salary to be a reason why someone doesn't apply to Octopus - what's more important to us is finding the right octofit!
- Octopus Energy is a unique culture. An organisation where people learn, decide, and build quicker. Where people work with autonomy, alongside a wide range of amazing co-owners, on projects that break new ground. We want your hard work to be rewarded with perks you actually care about! We won best company to work for in 2022, on Glassdoor we were voted 50 best places to work in 2022 and our Group CEO, Greg has recorded a podcast about our culture and how we empower our people. We’ve also been placed in the top 10 companies for senior leadership
- Visit our UK perks hub - Octopus Employee Benefits
If this sounds like you then we'd love to hear from you.
Studies have shown that some groups of people, like women, are less likely to apply to a role unless they meet 100% of the job requirements. Whoever you are, if you like one of our jobs, we encourage you to apply as you might just be the candidate we hire. Across Octopus, we're looking for genuinely decent people who are honest and empathetic. Our people are our strongest asset and the unique skills and perspectives people bring to the team are the driving force of our success. As an equal opportunity employer, we do not discriminate on the basis of any protected attribute. Our commitment is to provide equal opportunities, an inclusive work environment, and fairness for everyone.