Team Manager - Customer Support
Posted on Thursday, March 30, 2023
Help us make a big green dent in the universe. We're on a mission to drive the global renewable energy revolution, and we need loads more people to help us make our vision a reality.
Octopus Energy Services is spearheading the transition to greener, cheaper energy through the installation of in-home technologies; from smart meters and EV chargers; to low carbon heating, home batteries, solar, and beyond. We deliver smart energy, low carbon solutions for our customers.
We’ve fallen head-over-heels with smart meters, heat pumps, solar PV and all renewable tech - which instantly help reduce a customer’s carbon footprint and give them control over their energy use. We are looking for experienced experts who share our vision: Moving away from fossil fuels, towards sustainable, smart technologies for our customers.
At Octopus, the customer is at the heart of everything we do. As the face of the whole company, our diverse, industry-leading field force delivers the outrageous experience Octopus Energy customers love and expect.
An exciting opportunity has arisen for a talented and experienced Team Manager to join us on a full time basis in our Brighton office. You will be responsible for looking after the performance and wellbeing of a Customer Support Specialists team.
What you'll do
- Manage a team of Customer Support Specialists, who work alongside a large team of field engineers and our colleagues in Octopus Energy.
- Demonstrate exceptional leadership in the day to day running of the operation (ensuring we are delivering outstanding customer service, accurately scheduling appointments and supporting our engineers onsite)
- Support growth through impactful coaching and development
- Look for opportunities to continually improve performance and highlight any changes we could make
- Be an advocate for your team whilst creating a positive and high performing culture
- Create a consistent high performing team who feel part of our vision and strive to deliver outstanding customer service by doing the right thing for our customers
- Create effective reporting, analyse and act to drive improvement in performance and highlight trends
- You will have a deep understanding of Octopus culture and customer experience, setting the tone for your team
What you'll need
- Experience in people management (performance management, 121s, quality monitoring and coaching) with the ability to effectively lead and motivate a team - this is key
- To be a team player and relationship builder who can establish a network quickly and effectively collaborate across cross-functional teams
- You are positive, proactive and energised by working in a fast-paced environment characterised by constant change (we are growing quickly!)
- Strong organisational skills with the ability to prioritise tasks and manage multiple projects at one time
- You are a strong problem solver who isn’t afraid to put your ideas forward or into action and can ask for help, we are in it together
- Experience with google spreadsheets would be advantageous!
Why else you'll love it here
- Wondering what the salary for this role is? Just ask us! On a call with one of our recruiters it's something we always cover as we genuinely want to match your experience with the correct salary. The reason why we don't advertise is because we honestly have a degree of flexibility and would never want salary to be a reason why someone doesn't apply to Octopus - what's more important to us is finding the right octofit!
- Octopus Energy is a unique culture. An organisation where people learn, decide, and build quicker. Where people work with autonomy, alongside a wide range of amazing co-owners, on projects that break new ground. We want your hard work to be rewarded with perks you actually care about! We won best company to work for in 2022, on Glassdoor we we're voted 50 best places to work in 2022 and our Group CEO, Greg has recorded a podcast about our culture and how we empower our people
- Visit our perks hub - Octopus Employee Benefits
We are looking for a number of Team Managers in several areas within the Customer Support function. One area for example would suit someone with planning and/or scheduling experience so if you love to be analytical, seeking out data and using this to make informed decisions this role is for you.
If this sounds like you then we'd love to hear from you.
Studies have shown that some groups of people, like women, are less likely to apply to a role unless they meet 100% of the job requirements. Whoever you are, if you like one of our jobs, we encourage you to apply as you might just be the candidate we hire. Across Octopus, we're looking for genuinely decent people who are honest and empathetic. Our people are our strongest asset and the unique skills and perspectives people bring to the team are the driving force of our success. As an equal opportunity employer, we do not discriminate on the basis of any protected attribute. Our commitment is to provide equal opportunities, an inclusive work environment, and fairness for everyone.