Administration, Customer Service
Posted on Sunday, March 26, 2023
Help us make a big green dent in the universe. We're on a mission to drive the global renewable energy revolution, and we need loads more people to help us make our vision a reality.
Help us build a future-proof Green Skills workforce, ready to supercharge the transition to a cheaper, flexible and fully renewable energy system. Octopus Energy Services empowers homeowners to drastically reduce their carbon footprint by installing magical Electric Heat Pumps, Solar Panels, Batteries, EV Charge Points, and Smart Meters. Our field teams deliver an über-friendly, five-star, in-home service to match the effortless, hassle-free journey our customers experience when choosing a green future. We’ve already recruited and trained an army of green-skilled technicians, but we’re just getting started.
We’re now looking for an Onboarding Coordinator to join our central Onboarding team.
This role is key to ensuring we maintain our awesome candidate experience through the post-offer stage right through to their first day.
The main areas of focus will be: creating a friendly and helpful environment for candidates between offer and start date – no request is too big or small; producing contracts, employee profiles, and managing background checks; managing equipment and uniform for field teams; improving and automating the new starters’ journey from point of offer, right through to ‘day one’ at Octopus.
You will be the candidate's first point of contact for questions that arise. You will become an expert with our internal systems in order to support our managers with queries and unusual onboarding. You will also need to work closely with our recruiters in the Talent Team to ensure an incredible candidate experience as well as gather feedback on how we can always improve.
We have a mix of office and field-based teams, with complex needs, across a fast-growing, forward-thinking business, so the challenge of a fast-paced environment will excite you. You will embrace the ambiguity while maintaining focus on detail. You need to be agile, and flexible and be able to build rapport quickly with our internal and external stakeholders as the business grows.
What you'll do
- Maintain close contact with each candidate, ensuring they have everything they need while getting everything we need from them
- Responsible for drafting and sending employment contracts to successful candidates and monitoring the status of their background checks
- Manage all pre-start date tasks e.g. hotel booking, uniform ordering, and tech
- Work closely with the Talent team to ensure we have all the offer information and respond to any questions new hires have
- Create employee profiles on our people system (Hibob) in a timely manner and uphold our people data accuracy for new hires
- Collaborate closely with the rest of the Onboarding team to ensure seamless operations
- Support on other Onboarding related projects where needed
What you'll need
- Exceptional written and verbal communication skills
- Excellent organisational and prioritisation skills
- Impeccable attention to detail
- Continuous improvement mentality
- Passion for enhancing the candidate experience
- Enthusiastic team player who is keen to learn
- Thrive in working in a fast paced environment
- A bonus if you have experience working in a similar role or experience using Lever or Hibob
Why else you'll love it here
- Salary: £24,500
- Working days: Mon-Fri
- Octopus Energy is a unique culture. An organisation where people learn, decide, and build quicker. Where people work with autonomy, alongside a wide range of amazing co-owners, on projects that break new ground. We want your hard work to be rewarded with perks you actually care about! We won best company to work for in 2022, on Glassdoor we we're voted 50 best places to work in 2022 and our Group CEO, Greg has recorded a podcast about our culture and how we empower our people
If this sounds like you then we'd love to hear from you.
Studies have shown that some groups of people, like women, are less likely to apply to a role unless they meet 100% of the job requirements. Whoever you are, if you like one of our jobs, we encourage you to apply as you might just be the candidate we hire. Across Octopus, we're looking for genuinely decent people who are honest and empathetic. Our people are our strongest asset and the unique skills and perspectives people bring to the team are the driving force of our success. As an equal opportunity employer, we do not discriminate on the basis of any protected attribute. Our commitment is to provide equal opportunities, an inclusive work environment, and fairness for everyone.