Heat Pump Training Manager
Posted on Saturday, March 18, 2023
Help us make a big green dent in the universe. We're on a mission to drive the global renewable energy revolution, and we need loads more people to help us make our vision a reality.
We're looking for a Heat Pump Training and Development Manager to be based in our brand new, multi-million-pound industry-leading Training & R&D facility located in Slough. You'll be delivering our bespoke low carbon tech installation and product training courses to our awesome people, helping change energy for the better!
We are looking for passionate people who have worked within the industry/training & educational sectors. If you have the drive to develop and nurture new skills in our growing workforce, then we would love to hear from you!
What you'll do
- Deliver our bespoke installation & product training courses focused on air-water heat pump systems
- Support our engineers to become fully knowledgeable and competent to deliver great customer service by providing leading quality coaching & assessment
- Design a combination of practical and theory based training utilising all the latest technologies on offer
- Promote best practices when designing courses covering installation/servicing & fault finding
- Provide a range of training to support all our teams - This could be induction of new starters, upskilling or refresher training of existing teams
- Identify training and development needs, through on-the-job assessment and training needs analysis.
- Keep up to date with training methods, tools and techniques which can be applied to achieve more effective learning and use this knowledge to propose innovative modes of delivery for customers.
What you'll need (the essentials)
- Experience in delivering training and development courses within the domestic heating industry
- Ability to design and deliver training courses to meet the needs of learners from inductions to technical/operational updates
- Practical work experience in the heating industry
Desirable but not essential
- Specific experience with domestic air source heat pumps
- Qualifications such as water regs, Hot water (G3), Heat pumps, TAQA
Why else you'll love it here
- Wondering what the salary for this role is? Just ask us! On a call with one of our recruiters it's something we always cover as we genuinely want to match your experience with the correct salary. The reason why we don't advertise is because we honestly have a degree of flexibility and would never want salary to be a reason why someone doesn't apply to Octopus - what's more important to us is finding the right octofit!
- Octopus Energy is a unique culture. An organisation where people learn, decide, and build quicker. Where people work with autonomy, alongside a wide range of amazing co-owners, on projects that break new ground. We want your hard work to be rewarded with perks you actually care about! We won best company to work for in 2022, on Glassdoor we we're voted 50 best places to work in 2022 and our Group CEO, Greg has recorded a podcast about our culture and how we empower our people
- Visit our perks hub - Octopus Employee Benefits
If this sounds like you then we'd love to hear from you.
Studies have shown that some groups of people, like women, are less likely to apply to a role unless they meet 100% of the job requirements. Whoever you are, if you like one of our jobs, we encourage you to apply as you might just be the candidate we hire. Across Octopus, we're looking for genuinely decent people who are honest and empathetic. Our people are our strongest asset and the unique skills and perspectives people bring to the team are the driving force of our success. As an equal opportunity employer, we do not discriminate on the basis of any protected attribute. Our commitment is to provide equal opportunities, an inclusive work environment, and fairness for everyone.