Sales & Business Development
Posted on Thursday, February 9, 2023
Help us make a big green dent in the universe. We're on a mission to drive the global renewable energy revolution, and we need loads more people to help us make our vision a reality.
We're looking for an experienced Sales Team Manager, who will be responsible for spearheading a frontline Solar sales team of 40+ Sales Specialists. Your team will work directly with domestic customers, and will be dedicated to bringing our awesome Low Carbon Tech to homes across the country.
We want someone who is excited by ambitious growth targets and has a genuine passion for team development, dedicated to bringing to life the real benefits of our offer and understanding the importance of providing customers with a truly exceptional experience while exceeding our forecasted sales for 2023 and beyond.
Your team will be the face and the voice of Octopus Energy Services, advising and supporting customers throughout their journey towards a greener future through the installation of Solar Systems!
What you'll do
- Manage your sales team to identify and win new business with customers
- Distribute and manage sales leads across the team and ensure these are managed in a timely manner
- Ensure the team are diligently developing sales pipelines with customers - from lead through to delivery, meeting (and ideally exceeding) targets set
- Implement a performance management culture and routine within the team to unleash their full potential through regular 1:1s, coaching, setting stretching objectives and providing regular feedback on performance against these objectives.
- Immerse yourself and your team in the world of Solar, building from the ground up and setting your team up for success
- Champion outstanding customer service, report on customer satisfaction and share best practice measures across the team.
What you'll need
- Proven track record of managing a phone based B2C internal team is a must
- Paramount focus on performance development, team management and continuous improvement
- Previous sales management experience within a B2C consultative environment would be great along with a strong passion for energy technology and decarbonisation
- Experience using Hubspot CRM software would be awesome (but if not we will get you up to speed!)
- A passion for delivering excellent customer service and a drive for going above and beyond for our customersAn ability to show an understanding of processes as a whole, you’ll be able to see the why behind each section of the business and how that creates the entire vision
- A start up / entrepreneurial mind-set, and being able to adjust to change and keep up with a fast moving business
- Able to get up to speed with the technical side of things so you can support our customers in achieving low carbon energy use in their homes.
Why else you'll love it here
- Wondering what the salary for this role is? Just ask us! On a call with one of our recruiters it's something we always cover as we genuinely want to match your experience with the correct salary. The reason why we don't advertise is because we honestly have a degree of flexibility and would never want salary to be a reason why someone doesn't apply to Octopus - what's more important to us is finding the right octofit!
- Octopus Energy is a unique culture. An organisation where people learn, decide, and build quicker. Where people work with autonomy, alongside a wide range of amazing co-owners, on projects that break new ground. We want your hard work to be rewarded with perks you actually care about! We won best company to work for in 2022, on Glassdoor we we're voted 50 best places to work in 2022 and our Group CEO, Greg has recorded a podcast about our culture and how we empower our people
- Visit our perks hub - Octopus Employee Benefits
This is an office based role in Birmingham.
If this sounds like you then we'd love to hear from you.
Studies have shown that some groups of people, like women, are less likely to apply to a role unless they meet 100% of the job requirements. Whoever you are, if you like one of our jobs, we encourage you to apply as you might just be the candidate we hire. Across Octopus, we're looking for genuinely decent people who are honest and empathetic. Our people are our strongest asset and the unique skills and perspectives people bring to the team are the driving force of our success. As an equal opportunity employer, we do not discriminate on the basis of any protected attribute. Our commitment is to provide equal opportunities, an inclusive work environment, and fairness for everyone.