Team Manager - Distribution & Transport Operations
Hinckley, MN, USA · United Kingdom
Posted on Saturday, August 20, 2022
Help us make a big green dent in the universe. We're on a mission to drive the global renewable energy revolution, and we need loads more people to help us make our vision a reality.
We’re spearheading the transition to greener, cheaper energy through the installation of in-home technologies; from smart meters and electric car chargers; to low carbon heating, home batteries, solar, and beyond. Utilising Octopus’ awesome tech power, we deliver smart energy solutions for our customers.
As the face of the company, our diverse, industry-leading field force delivers the same outrageous experience Octopus customers love and expect.
At Octopus Energy Services, we’re executing phenomenal growth plans, and we recognise our supply chain as a critical strategic enabler to help deliver our aspirations at speed and scale.
This is a hands on role to manage a team supporting the efficient running of distribution and transport operations for Octopus Energy Services at our brand new Hinckley distribution centre!
We are looking for somebody with awesome people skills and a keen eye to detail. The role will be broad, varied and will evolve over time.
What you'll do
- You’ll support the leadership team in the day to day running of operations and lead a team of 10-20 Drivers & Warehouse Operatives
- You’ll have people and site responsibility making sure the site, yard and fleet are always clean, organised and safe to aid operational efficiency
- You’ll be the first point of contact to quickly resolve any in-day jeopardy around operational fulfilment, always keeping in mind the customer impact
- You’ll ensure that vehicles, machinery and equipment is well maintained and fit for purpose
What you'll need
- Experience of a lead role in a distribution site and/or fleet management
- Be able to speak confidently and comfortably with customers with a friendly, proactive and ‘can do attitude’ including handling any customer escalations. We’ll do everything to make the customer experience perfect.
- Be very computer literate and comfortable adopting and promoting the use of new tech
- Start up / entrepreneurial mind-set being resilient and able to adjust to change, helping to scale a critical function for a fast moving business
- Have a full UK Driving License (no more than 3 points)
- Forklift driving experience and licence would be great
- Be flexible to work and lead shifts allocated between 06:00 – 22:00 any day of the week
Why else you'll love it here
- Wondering what the salary for this role is? Just ask us! On a call with one of our recruiters it's something we always cover as we genuinely want to match your experience with the correct salary. The reason why we don't advertise is because we honestly have a degree of flexibility and would never want salary to be a reason why someone doesn't apply to Octopus - what's more important to us is finding the right octofit!
- Octopus Energy is a unique culture. An organisation where people learn, decide, and build quicker. Where people work with autonomy, alongside a wide range of amazing co-owners, on projects that break new ground. We want your hard work to be rewarded with perks you actually care about! We won best company to work for in 2022, on Glassdoor we we're voted 50 best places to work in 2022 and our Group CEO, Greg has recorded a podcast about our culture and how we empower our people
- Visit our perks hub - Octopus Employee Benefits
If this sounds like you then we'd love to hear from you.
Studies have shown that some groups of people, like women, are less likely to apply to a role unless they meet 100% of the job requirements. Whoever you are, if you like one of our jobs, we encourage you to apply as you might just be the candidate we hire. Across Octopus, we're looking for genuinely decent people who are honest and empathetic. Our people are our strongest asset and the unique skills and perspectives people bring to the team are the driving force of our success. As an equal opportunity employer, we do not discriminate on the basis of any protected attribute. Our commitment is to provide equal opportunities, an inclusive work environment, and fairness for everyone.