Posted on Friday, May 27, 2022
The energy industry is undergoing the largest transformation since industrialisation at an unprecedented rate of change and we are positioning ourselves to be at the heart of that change.
Our aim is to be the leading global provider of solutions that enable customers to release £30bn of value per annum from distributed energy resources (DERs). We are building a Software as a Service (SaaS) subscription business with a global addressable market of £2.4 billion per annum, by digitally connecting hundreds of thousands of DERs with energy markets.
We have already attained a market leading position and KrakenFlex is a recognised thought leader and innovator in the industry. Our efforts have not gone unnoticed and we are pleased to announce that we now have the full support and backing of Octopus Energy, an award-winning UK energy supplier who share our passion and values.
Our ideal Customer Success Engineer would be an individual keen to solve real-world problems to deliver value to customers through answering questions, performing root cause analysis and marshalling requests to the development teams within a collaborative, community-based environment.
You will need to be technically sharp, naturally inquisitive and people oriented; responsible for case management from customer queries we receive and deep diving into our applications to diagnose issues.
Someone who is a continual learner who can seamlessly switch between operating in the highly agile world of software development and the waterfall world of building real-world projects with physical infrastructure.
What you'll do
- Address all product-related queries from customers in a timely manner
- Provide analysis of customers’ needs and suggest additional features to our Product teams
- Training customers to use KrakenFlex products effectively and provide supporting documentation
- Automate manual tasks and help our customers self-serve.
- Work closely with a range of teams from the full technology stack (Electrical engineering, controls engineering, software engineering, project management and sales)
- Provide technical expertise for customers to support post-sales processes
- Onboarding customers through a mix of waterfall and agile processes
- (Optional) Contribute to our 24x7 support model my taking part in our (paid) on call rota
What you'll need
- Problem solving and analytical skills across technical, product and business questions, with an ability to grasp customers’ needs and suggest timely solutions
- Familiarity with an object oriented programming language, back end config and interacting with APIs
- Experience driving technical conversations with technical and non-technical people
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- A drive to get things done in a collaborative environment, with an ability to effectively work across functions (e.g. sales, product, engineering)
- A proven ability to multitask and perform well in a fast-paced environment
- An interest in learning about the electricity system and how grid scale Renewable energy sources to keep the lights on and the network stable. There are no experts, this area is changing so you’ll be learning what a flexible electricity system is along with us.
- A keen eye for detail
It would be great if you had
- Technical background in a SaaS business with hands on experience in developing cloud-native applications
- Demonstrable Technical Account Management, Customer Support experience or Sales Engineering experience or equivalent experience - developers interested in working directly with customers are highly encouraged to apply.
- Familiarity with back-end and software engineering practices
Why else you'll love it here
- Wondering what the salary for this role is? Just ask us! On a call with one of our recruiters it's something we always cover as we genuinely want to match your experience with the correct salary. The reason why we don't advertise is because we honestly have a degree of flexibility and would never want salary to be a reason why someone doesn't apply to Octopus - what's more important to us is finding the right octofit!
- Octopus Energy is a unique culture. An organisation where people learn, decide, and build quicker. Where people work with autonomy, alongside a wide range of amazing co-owners, on projects that break new ground. We want your hard work to be rewarded with perks you actually care about! We won best company to work for in 2022, on Glassdoor we we're voted 50 best places to work in 2022 and our Group CEO, Greg has recorded a podcast about our culture and how we empower our people
- Visit our perks hub - Octopus Employee Benefits
Ideally you will be based in the Greater Manchester and happy to come into the office a couple of days per week! But we appreciate that things have changed and flexibility is at the top of everyone's agenda, so if you would rather be remote please let us know.
If this sounds like you then we'd love to hear from you.
Studies have shown that some groups of people, like women, are less likely to apply to a role unless they meet 100% of the job requirements. Whoever you are, if you like one of our jobs, we encourage you to apply as you might just be the candidate we hire. Across Octopus, we're looking for genuinely decent people who are honest and empathetic. Our people are our strongest asset and the unique skills and perspectives people bring to the team are the driving force of our success. As an equal opportunity employer, we do not discriminate on the basis of any protected attribute. Our commitment is to provide equal opportunities, an inclusive work environment, and fairness for everyone.