Delivery Driver/Warehouse Operations Specialist
Posted on Friday, March 11, 2022
Help us make a big green dent in the universe. We're on a mission to drive the global renewable energy revolution, and we need loads more people to help us make our vision a reality.
Octopus Energy Services is spearheading the transition to greener, cheaper energy through the installation of in-home technologies; from smart meters and EV chargers; to low carbon heating, home batteries, solar, and beyond. We deliver smart energy, low carbon solutions for our customers.
In an exciting dual role, we’re looking for Delivery Drivers/Warehouse Operations Specialists to work alongside our expanding installation teams and provide exceptional service to both internal and external customers. This a new operation and a new role, which you will have the ability to shape and develop as we rapidly grow. We've moved into a brand new, high-tech Distribution Centre which happens to have a slide..
At Octopus, the customer is at the heart of everything we do. As the face of the whole company, our diverse, friendly, field force delivers the amazing experience Octopus Energy customers love and expect.
What you'll do
- Drive, collect and deliver goods to sites nationally with a company provided (BIG PINK) Luton Van (fuel and insurance provided)
- Provide site support to engineers and customers so that goods are left in a secure, safe and practical place
- Be the face of the company, offering an exceptional delivery service for our customers
- Take responsibility for the efficient running of the warehouse for Goods In, Goods Out, Pack Build, Goods Assembly, Returns and Stock Control whilst keeping the site and yard clean, organised and safe
- Support on other tasks as required, such as vehicle pick ups, vehicle maintenance, cleaning/servicing equipment, and checking inventory etc.
What you'll have
- Experience working in a fast-paced warehouse or distribution centre
- Physically fit to meet the demands of a multi-drop driving and warehouse role
- Be able to speak confidently and comfortably directly with customers with a friendly, proactive and ‘can do attitude’ - we’ll do everything to make the customer experience perfect
- Willingness to get involved, take ownership, and work on your own initiative
- Computer literate
- Full UK Driving Licence (no more than 3 points)
- Experience driving and operating a 3.5 ton Luton Van, ideally in a customer-facing role
- Forklift driving experience is desirable but not essential
Some details you'll want to know
- Salary £26,000 basic salary + £2,500 annual bonus based on KPIs + equity share options in Octopus Energy (+ London Weighting if you live within the M25)
- Be flexible to work shifts allocated between 06:00 – 22:00 any day of the week. We’ll make sure rotas are available 3 weeks in advance but will need some flexibility to accommodate any required changes to meet our customer needs.
- We're not expecting you to bring your own van - Octopus will provide this for you as well as uniform, PPE etc.
Why else you'll love it here
- Octopus Energy is a unique culture. An organisation where people learn, decide, and build quicker. Where people work with autonomy, alongside a wide range of amazing co-owners, on projects that break new ground. We want your hard work to be rewarded with perks you actually care about!
- What do you get? Click here
If this sounds like you then we'd love to hear from you.
Studies have shown that some groups of people, like women, are less likely to apply to a role unless they meet 100% of the job requirements. Whoever you are, if you like one of our jobs, we encourage you to apply as you might just be the candidate we hire. Across Octopus, we're looking for genuinely decent people who are honest and empathetic. Our people are our strongest asset and the unique skills and perspectives people bring to the team are the driving force of our success. As an equal opportunity employer, we do not discriminate on the basis of any protected attribute. Our commitment is to provide equal opportunities, an inclusive work environment, and fairness for everyone.