Posted on Friday, March 11, 2022
About Octopus Electroverse
We’re making electric vehicle ownership as smart and as simple as possible, by building the giant, virtual charging platform of the future.
In just over two years, Octopus Electroverse has grown to become one of the largest eMobility players in Europe, with over 520,000 connected electric vehicle chargers and a customer ecosystem spanning web, iOS, Android, CarPlay, Android Auto & Automotive OS, and more.
But it’s just the start: we’re busy launching in new countries, working with more automotive and tech partners, building exciting new features at scale, and creating the integrated charging experiences of the future - all in the name of making public EV charging super simple for customers.
Electroverse is a multifunctional team made up of product, development, commercial, operations, marketing, partnerships and more - all focused together on making Octopus the go-to name in EV charging. And we’re looking for smart individuals with an interest in the space who can help us make it happen.
We’re looking for someone who’s passionate about code, curious, and eager to learn. You’ll be working alongside the backend team that provides services for our Electric Juice ecosystem in the electric vehicle and electrification space. This is an early stage project which will give you the chance to have a huge impact and given our ambitions in the electrification space, influence how the back-end scales to meet new challenges and create a wider ecosystem. Overall, you'll work with a small, high-energy project team to bring the product to life - an exciting opportunity to work like a start-up within a rapidly scaling EnTech business.
What you'll do
- We’re looking for someone who’s passionate about code, curious, and eager to learn. You’ll be working as part of the backend team that provides services for our Electroverse ecosystem in the electric vehicle and electrification space. This is a scaling project which will give you the chance to have a huge impact and, given our ambitions in the electrification space, influence how the back-end grows to meet new challenges and create a wider ecosystem. Overall, you'll work with a small, high-energy project team to bring the product to life - an exciting opportunity to work like a start-up within a rapidly scaling EnTech business.
What you'll need
- The passion to create something amazing, and the mindset to learn and grow with the company.
- Experience in the creation of the webservice backend for a mobile or web app using Python/Django
- A strong understanding of the Python ecosystem with 2+ years of experience.
- An ability to discuss vision and features within a team and propose creative solutions
- An ability to write robust and fault-tolerant software
- Knowledge of (or a desire to learn) GraphQL APIs is a plus
- Proficient understanding of Git
- Familiarity with continuous integration and continuous deployment
Why else you'll love it here
- Wondering what the salary for this role is? Just ask us! On a call with one of our recruiters it's something we always cover as we genuinely want to match your experience with the correct salary. The reason why we don't advertise is because we honestly have a degree of flexibility and would never want salary to be a reason why someone doesn't apply to Octopus - what's more important to us is finding the right octofit!
- Octopus Energy is a unique culture. An organisation where people learn, decide, and build quicker. Where people work with autonomy, alongside a wide range of amazing co-owners, on projects that break new ground. We want your hard work to be rewarded with perks you actually care about! We won best company to work for in 2022, on Glassdoor we were voted 50 best places to work in 2022 and our Group CEO, Greg has recorded a podcast about our culture and how we empower our people
- Visit our perks hub - Octopus Employee Benefits
We would prefer someone who can work in our London office but will consider candidates who can get to our London office 1-2 times a week. You do need to be able to work in the UK.
We're very excited to be growing our team. We're looking for skills and experience to help shape and define the future of not only our team, but the wider business at a global scale. If you're reading this and grinning, please apply! There are huge challenges to tackle, and we need amazing people who are keen to get stuck in.
If this sounds like you then we'd love to hear from you.
Studies have shown that some groups of people, like women, are less likely to apply to a role unless they meet 100% of the job requirements. Whoever you are, if you like one of our jobs, we encourage you to apply as you might just be the candidate we hire. Across Octopus, we're looking for genuinely decent people who are honest and empathetic. Our people are our strongest asset and the unique skills and perspectives people bring to the team are the driving force of our success. As an equal opportunity employer, we do not discriminate on the basis of any protected attribute. Our commitment is to provide equal opportunities, an inclusive work environment, and fairness for everyone.