Are you ready to fight climate change? We just raised a $30 million Series B from Coatue (early backer of Apple, Tesla, and Rivian) and actor Robert Downey Jr (aka Iron Man). Did you know buildings contribute to over 40% of the global carbon emissions? Our web-based SaaS toolset, helps design teams rapidly decarbonate the building design process by automating energy, daylight, glare, cost, and more with machine learning. Last year we offset enough carbon to save 171,000 lives and 5x more carbon than Tesla. Join our fast-growing team to help save the planet!
Who You Are: Someone who is seeking to use their design skills in a way that positively impacts environmental change. The Marketing Designer at cove.tool is pivotal in visually communicating our mission for environmental change. From creating compelling graphics that drive action to ensuring a cohesive brand narrative across digital, print, and web platforms. You'll collaborate cross-departmentally to make complex concepts approachable and inspire change.
Who We Are: We're willing to rethink everything to get buildings to net-zero carbon. We think differently and holistically about architecture, engineering, and construction space. We use science, care about others, and speak the truth about climate action.
What you will be working on:
- Create Eye-Catching Graphics: Develop modern, boundary-pushing graphics that drive climate action across multimedia platforms, including digital advertisements, social posts, email campaigns, and print materials.
- Systematic Approach: Implement a cohesive design strategy between product and marketing, ensuring a seamless visual experience between marketing materials and the product interface.
- Collaborate & Learn: Engage with various departments, including Research (Product), Sales and People Ops, to integrate insights into your designs and ensure content remains consistent.
- Contribute to Storytelling: Make cove.tool more approachable by storytelling through graphics, turning complex data or concepts into compelling visuals and infographics.
- Serve as Brand Steward: Maintain and evolve brand identity (e.g., colors, logos) and voice. Identify opportunities to expand our brand's reach and influence. Partner with People Ops to help develop and maintain employer branding.
- Manage Corporate Design: Oversee imagery (images & gifs), layout, and production of diverse assets like ebooks, case studies, guides, fact sheets, and presentations. Lead in curating impactful corporate swag.
- Partner on Website & UI Design: Be one of the key design leads for the marketing website, collaborating with other designers and web agencies. Suggest and implement UI improvements, ensuring brand consistency across all touchpoints.
- Event Material Design: Produce materials for various events, ensuring brand consistency and resonation with the audience.
- Updated on Trends: Keep abreast of the latest in design and marketing trends including AI, ensuring cove.tool remains at the forefront of modern branding and design.
- Continuous Improvement: Engage in feedback loops, iterating designs based on reviews and constructive critiques to constantly refine and improve outcomes.
Required Experience and Competencies
- Bachelor's degree in Graphic Design or related field (or equivalent experience).
- 2-4 years of graphic design experience, with a focus on modern, well-composed designs.
- Proficient in Adobe Creative Suite, Canva, Figma (or other prototyping tools) and experience embracing AI in the design process.
- Strong portfolio showcasing modern, eye-catching work.
- Systematic approach to design.
- Experience with multimedia.
- Familiarity with HubSpot or other marketing platforms.
- Experience managing multiple projects or campaigns simultaneously, ensuring all deadlines are met.
- Alignment with cove.tool's mission and values of caring for others, using science, and being truthful.
- Curious, insightful, engaged, determined to make a difference.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills.
What’s In It for You:
- 100% Employer Paid Health insurance
- Vision and Dental benefits
- Employer-paid public transit pass and biking stipend
- Competitive Pay
- Work-Life Balance
- Onsite Gym membership
- Hybrid Work
- Paid time off and holidays
- Snacks, beer, team events
Cove.tool is proud to recruit and hire talented people from a wide variety of backgrounds and experiences. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, national origin, gender, religion, sex (including pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity or transgender status), age, or disability.