Tier 2 Support Specialist - 6 Month Contract (Remote)
Tier 2, Support Specialist, Customer Support
Over the next decade, there will be a massive shift to electric vehicles, with the majority of North American vehicle sales expected to be EVs by 2030. ChargeLab is a fast-growing software company building the EV charging infrastructure of the future with solutions that power networks of charging stations across the world.
If you are looking to solve one of today’s most complex challenges, see the results of your work supporting thousands of EV charging stations and make a positive impact on the world, join us!
About the role:
We are seeking a dedicated Customer Support Agent to join our dynamic team on a 6-month contract at one of the most promising startups in the rapidly evolving electric vehicle sector. As the industry continues its exponential growth, so too does our company, positioning us at the forefront of transformation. This role offers a unique chance not just to be a part of a startup, but to thrive in a domain that represents the future — electric vehicles. The ideal candidate will be proactive, detail-oriented, and capable of executing tasks with both precision and efficiency.
Being the third member of our team, you will be bestowed with significant responsibilities right from the get-go, providing you with a plethora of opportunities to learn, grow, and help shape the trajectory of our customer service efforts. While this is a contract position, for the right individual who exemplifies commitment, skill, and a passion for the EV industry, there is potential for conversion into a full-time role. Join us in driving the change towards a greener, more sustainable future.
What ChargeLab will offer you:
- Managers that are committed to promoting your career growth
- Getting involved with the new booming EV industry, do something that has a real life impact
- A flexible work environment (remote or hybrid (GTA) choose what works best for YOU!)
- A super fun team to be part of, full of smart professionals to collaborate with and learn from
Tier 2 Customer Support Specialist responsibilities
- Ensure customer service excellence by taking ownership over the escalated support tickets, ensuring timely resolution
- Ensure speedy resolution of customer queries without compromising on accuracy
- Remotely identify hardware, firmware, connectivity and electrical issues with chargers
- Track, manage and solve customer issues, ensuring regular updates and follow up
- Create support process documentation to optimize future efficiency
- Maintain a troubleshooting Wiki to build knowledge for future support agents
The ideal candidate will have:
- Clear communication skills
- Constant improvement mentality
- Customer-first attitude
- A keen eye for detail and a natural curiosity
- Ability to multitask, prioritize, and manage time effectively.
- Ability and willingness to learn how to configure hardware and software
- High School degree (or equivalent)
- Experience with Zendesk
- Proven experience in a customer support role or similar position
- A proven track record of performing tasks with accuracy and efficiency
- Previous experiencing with EVs preferred
- Experience with hardware/IOT device troubleshooting preferred
- Experience with Zendesk Administration preferred
We do appreciate your time and effort in applying for this position. The interview process is very straightforward and the team is hard-working but fun. Looking forward to having you on board.